New Zealand teacher Daniel Robinson found dead in Cambodia

geovalin

A New Zealand teacher has been found dead in a rental room in Cambodia, local media report. Kiwi man Daniel Lee Robinson was discovered at his rented house in Siem Reap city, according to Cambodian media outlet CNE.

An examination by a court physician found the 63-year-old had died from a heart attack about two days before his body was found. According to Cambodian police, Robinson had been working as a teacher in the area of Svay Dangkum, the northwest of Cambodia.

Cambodian officials told CNE Robinson's body will be temporarily stored in Phnom Penh before discussions with his family and the New Zealand Embassy in Thailand over the next steps.

read more https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2020/07/new-zealand-teacher-daniel-robinson-found-dead-in-cambodia.html

• Sad 1

Tributes to Kiwi teacher who died of heart attack in Cambodia

July 07 2020

The death of a Kiwi teacher living in Cambodia has shocked and saddened his former colleagues and students.

Jill Pizer, who had worked with Robinson for the past four years at Future Bright International School, said he had been in Cambodia for 20 years and was living in Taphul village, Svay Dangkum town, in Siem Reap.

"Dan was a dedicated teacher who always had the students best interests at heart,” Pizer said.

Robinson was very popular with his students, and they were all saddened by his death, she said.

Edited by gomangosteen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

But you don't know this person do you?. Why suggest his death was due to drugs? 

Several years ago the death of a long-term friend, age 51,  was reported on this forum. Due to there being medication evident in one of the photos the expert opinion here was that he was another drug-addict farang loser, accused of using "hillbilly heroin", 'no great loss' and on and on it went one more far-fetched keyboard <deleted> after another.

Fortunately, but not till after his two daughters had seen these ridiculous comments, moderators removed these offensive fabricated lies. Reality was he had been through extensive radiotherapy treatment, chemo, in Australia and was booked into a Queensland hospice for palliative care, however had wanted to see his former home and friends one last time in Thailand, and passed peacefully after lunch at his hotel,  heart failure brought about by the long-term cancer treatments.

Have a nice life, try not to die with a pill bottle in view, even a can of beer could ruin your reputation!

I have no idea about this particular guy, i know zero about him, but what i do know after following falang deaths in Cambodia was nearly always they seemed to be put down to Heart Attack, one exception i remember was due to fainting, so basically i have zero confidence in what they say the cause of death is. If it was a family member I'd investigate to be sure