mango trees

we have 2 mango trees in our garden planted by us approximately 2 years ago they are both 3 meters tall and no spread to the lower branches

an ideas when they should be flowering  or should we just give up on them or am i way off base and it will be a long time before flowering ?

bought from garden shop in ubon

• Like 1

Mango harvest season ended about a month ago. 

There are lots of different types of mango, and some take longer than others to mature, so don't be disheartened. 

Also, now is a very good time to prune your trees for them to grow better. 

You can cut back any low branches that are close to the ground, so when they do eventually fruit, you won't have any mango's growing on the floor like watermelons. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, northsouthdevide said:

There are lots of different types of mango

Yeah, albeit, many, one is reffered to as 'Cambodian Mango' or 'Matmuang Camin.'  I like the light yellow ones but I need to improve on selection skills for sweetness!

The mangos in the states seemed to be more round & with some redness from what I remember compared to here.

17 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

I asked my Thai friend. He said if the plants you bought were grafted they might flower next season.

Bought a grafted dwarf mango tree early 2019 and gave 4 nice mangos this year.  Recent rains have started it growing a bit taller, pretty strong now and survived a few strong wind storms. Hopefully next year will give some more.   Couple of mango trees I bought four years ago (variety unknown) are growing the same as you mention and no fruit yet.