Please Pick Your Paradise Location For An Early December Wedding.

Sawadee Kaa

We are a couple in our early to mid twenties.

We have digested a vast amount of opinions, so much so infact that our brains have gone into overload, e.g Phi Phi tidal issues and debris Vs Epitome of paradise... Essentially, I just want a kick in the right direction so I can start short listing hotels for a wedding venue in 20 odd months time.

Ideally we would like a happy medium between seclusion and decent restaurants and night life, with a view of obviously having the beach close by. We are not on a budget exactly but we are having approx 15 guests and don't want to make them find accommodation in a pricey resort.

We plan to spend approx a month in Thailand, so all can be covered realistically, but where would you get married?

1 - Koh Tao

2 - Lanta

3 - Koh Pangan

4 - Krabi

5 - Phi Phi

6 - Another, please specify

Have been to KS and KP before but have yet to sample the others.

Thanks all for taking time to read this frenetic post.

Edited by Disfunktional

i wouldnt tend to go for anywhere on the east coast at that time of the year. you will be better off looking at the west coast islands or beaches....ko lanta, krabi. phi phi - way too many people. but it does depend on WHEN in december you plan on.

the hotels are mainly not so busy leading up to december 20, but after then they are chockers and as its peak season, you will pay premium prices. (i work in a hotel so am speaking from experience). 7-15 december is a good time to come.

i wouldnt tend to go for anywhere on the east coast at that time of the year. you will be better off looking at the west coast islands or beaches....ko lanta, krabi. phi phi - way too many people. but it does depend on WHEN in december you plan on.

the hotels are mainly not so busy leading up to december 20, but after then they are chockers and as its peak season, you will pay premium prices. (i work in a hotel so am speaking from experience). 7-15 december is a good time to come.

Thanks for replying everyone, and thanks for the specifics Donna. We want to marry on the 8th December. The sea gypsies and litter are something that have put me off Ko lanta, is this realistic or fabricated? Also Pricewise, is Krabi overpriced in comparison to other Islands? Thanks again people.

Thanks for replying everyone, and thanks for the specifics Donna. We want to marry on the 8th December. The sea gypsies and litter are something that have put me off Ko lanta, is this realistic or fabricated? Also Pricewise, is Krabi overpriced in comparison to other Islands? Thanks again people.

December is the high season everywhere in Thailand. Krabi has more options than Koh Lanta in the middle class hotels. I have been going to the south (living in Pattaya) minimum once a year for 17 years and found Krabi (AoNang) the best place to be, especially if your interested in a wider variety of restaurants. In Koh Lanta your not spoiled for choice outside the hotels.

There is one particular hotel which is perfect for a honeymoon, but the name escapes me know. Will send PM.

Its got only 8 bungalows so privacy guaranteed.

Cheers

Onzestan

Thanks all so far for your input.

If this thread were the Olympics, then Krabi would be tested for nandrolone.

Haven't seen any nandrolone's in Krabi yet.

A lot of nandrotogethers though.

BTW my favourate beach : Haat Railey West (Krabi)

cheers

onzestan

Why would you want to come to a place you don't live* in to get wed? I have never understood this phenomenon, although I am the least romantic person in the world. Where ever you choose enjoy the day.

*Actually if you live in Grays or Manchester I can understand it.

churchill while you still can

beautiful white at that time of year

Pattaya !

They come for a honeymoon, not a menage a trois.

cheers

onzestan