First problem ever with a Toyota. Cheap to fix

Started up my Tuna yesterday morning and there was a funny noise coming from the front of the car.

The wife said it must be the engine. My reply was it's a Toyota and they never have anything go wrong.

After our trip out, went to Toyota and they had a look and found that the noise was coming from the Aircon:

Into the Aircon: department they have, and they took out the Filter only to find it had a small hole in it (It was a new one only replaced some 300km ago)

Their report was something had got in and eaten it. They then proceeded to take the whole Aircon apart, not a small job. And there it was a dead baby mouse in the fan set up. As luck would have it it hadn't eaten any wires so they cleaned everything and reassembled.

Took two of them just over of 2.1/2 hours. Total cost was 492bht inc: (the price for a new Filter) Labour was free. How for Buddha sake do they make any monies. Whatever big thank you to Toyota K.P.Phet.

N/B and yes before anyone asks they did supply me with a couple of FREE hot coffees while I waited. I turned down the snacks & the cold drinks.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 2

Can also be a scam (went in for service )

I had a similar situation

Man jumps in car suddenly produces the same filter (with mice poo in it )

Says have to replace & clean 

so when i got back home looked in the manual 

Guess what he would have had to taken out the glove box to get to it (he wasn't even on that side of the car )

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Took two of them just over of 2.1/2 hours. Total cost was 492bht inc: (the price for a new Filter) Labour was free

Guess car must still be under warranty if labour was free.

Anyway, don't know why people still bother to start a thread on this forum, when the first 2 replies are already troll posts

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Susco said:

Guess car must still be under warranty if labour was free.

Anyway, don't know why people still bother to start a thread on this forum, when the first 2 replies are already troll posts

Well you guessed wrong. It is well out of warrantee now.

But I make you right about posting on TVF I see now that they are so desperate for posters that they TVF are now informing you Via your personal Email account of any replies.

Sorted that marked them as junk and blocked them. Nice try TVF but you have hit the cliff as far as I'm concerned.   

7 minutes ago, transam said:

It could be that you are a valued customer, in their place every couple of months changing the oil etc....:thumbsup:

Twice a year if you want to know. And I don't get any special treatment. Just the same as everyone else.

3 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Well you guessed wrong. It is well out of warrantee now.

But I make you right about posting on TVF I see now that they are so desperate for posters that they TVF are now informing you Via your personal Email account of any replies.

Sorted that marked them as junk and blocked them. Nice try TVF but you have hit the cliff as far as I'm concerned.   

You need to go into TVF settings and change how you are informed of stuff, quite easy. If you never altered stuff, I would suggest you do a security scan to see if anything is lurking.

That info is also free.....????

• Haha 2

Just now, fredob43 said:

Twice a year if you want to know. And I don't get any special treatment. Just the same as everyone else.

Sorry, I thought you changed synthetic oil/filter every 5kkm......????

9 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Filters by nature have holes in them , many many tiny holes.

Mice story sounds like the typical car stealership crapola to fool the dope into buy a new filter.

Some people on here are totally clueless with their replies. I was standing next to my lump as I always do, as the started work on it and there was a hole of around an inch in a new filter.

If you had read my post you would have seen that their was a Dead mouse on the fan. Also that it was making a noise. So please don't refer to me as a dope. Suggest you don't post if you cant say anything pleasant. Your just another one of the people that Susco referred to. A troll poster. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Sorry, I thought you changed synthetic oil/filter every 5kkm...…????

I do that's twice a year. Normally. Question why does it bother you what other peeps do. Unlike some I have lots of cash, so for me 4.500bht once a year is as cheap as chips.  

Edited by fredob43

14 minutes ago, transam said:

It could be that you are a valued customer, in their place every couple of months changing the oil etc....:thumbsup:

Yeah that happens but KP Toyota ain't too bad but truth has to be told as long as it's not too technical as I found out with my Vigo, it was me telling them and showing them my back axel was out of alignment after Cockpit found it that is why I don't use Toyota they can only service simple stuff.

• Like 1

Op,be very happy you went in right away.We had a rat invading out truck and the babies were in the fan.

We only found out after the smell started and maggots came out of the vents.

Very bad!

• Haha 1

Keep the air-con on in-car if you open the outside air in don't forget to shut it.

That said found kittens under the bonnet before now when the trucks been parked up for a good while.

Check, check, check every other day now it what I do.

13 hours ago, Don Mega said:

I was not referring to you as a dope but more in general how morons get stooged for a new filter.

sorry that you misinterpreted my post, enjoy your mouse.

I don't think a dealer would have staff work on a ride for 2.5 hours for the price of a filter......Well would they............????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't think a dealer would have staff work on a ride for 2.5 hours for the price of a filter......Well would they............????

I doubt a stealership would ever do 5 minutes work on someones ride and charge out 2.5hr labour.

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I doubt a stealership would ever do 5 minutes work on someones ride and charge out 2.5hr labour.

Can you repeat that in English please.

PS.Freddy was at the dealers watching staff tear his ride apart for 2.5 hours, they only charged for the new filter, and you think Freddy was "taken"......????......Amazing....????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Can you repeat that in English please.

PS.Freddy was at the dealers watching staff tear his ride apart for 2.5 hours, they only charged for the new filter, and you think Freddy was "taken"......????......Amazing....????

My post was in English you are just too stubborn to understand sarcasm.

Nice smiley's BTW, reminds me of the texts I receive from my Sisters children.

Just now, Don Mega said:

Nice get out try....Didn't work...:coffee1:

Very common to have mice and rat infestations under the bonnet, it is a <deleted> when they start chewing the cables!!

Nothing but praise from me for Toyota customer service, always very professional despite what the cynics claim on TVF!

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

Come on Chap, you use Shrine a Lot, no worries enjoy.!????

1 hour ago, pineapple01 said:

Yes it is odd. Perhaps wrong. I picked the word up as a Kid from Grandparents referring to Ozz shortening words and bits of slang. 

Yeah am familar with Aus slang but ive no idea what shrine means or refers to.