Tourist visa extension & flight questions

If tourist visas can't be automatically extended past 31 July. Do you think I can apply and pay for a 4 week extension?

What I'm reading says apply early at immigration to avoid the onslaught. But if I get an extension will that apply from the 31st or the date I apply?

I also want to book my flight to Australia but am concerned about flights being cancelled. Why, because when I attempted to leave in March I had three flights cancelled and even though I paid extra to cover cancellations I've had a terrible time obtaining refunds. I even had a Cathay flight cancel whilst checking in. Thai airways only issued a credit and another airline refunded 50%. I will fly back with Thai and use the credit.

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I just need some words of advice.

Not know about the Thai visa situation as I,m stuck in Auss

I take it you have been keeping up with the LUCKY countries news flashes

Now giving it's Citz another kick in the guts 

Have halfed the intake of it's own Citz"s 

Maybe making way for the other 5000 Hong Kongers 

Seen a figure of $200 a night for quarintine, on the Forum (yet too be verified by Auss Gov )

I hope this is per room as I would like to get my Thai Citz wife & Dual national son here (in The same room )

I have a question - Did you have to apply to Auss Embassy to return

16 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Not know about the Thai visa situation as I,m stuck in Auss

I take it you have been keeping up with the LUCKY countries news flashes

Now giving it's Citz another kick in the guts 

Have halfed the intake of it's own Citz"s 

Maybe making way for the other 5000 Hong Kongers 

Seen a figure of $200 a night for quarintine, on the Forum (yet too be verified by Auss Gov )

I hope this is per room as I would like to get my Thai Citz wife & Dual national son here (in The same room )

I have a question - Did you have to apply to Auss Embassy to return

Yes Bevup I am registered with the Aust Embassy. Which were arranging regular flights with various airlines and charters. But have gone quiet lately. Perhaps it's due to airlines now flying semi regularly. But I'm still a bit nervous about booking and paying. Sounds like OZ is starting to go through a 2nd phase (storm in a teacup). Also read that I may have to pay for my own quarantine. That sucks.

• Like 1

Still no announcement, but rumor has it that those tourists wanting to stay longer will need a note from their embassy stating that they can't get a flight... In your case it sounds like you'd be able to get that. Hopefully they'll at least allow for another 30 day extension without a note from embassy. I'd be surprised if they don't at least allow people to stay one more month. In that case, the extension would start from 31st July and not the date you apply.