Taking Dogs on Holiday Break

Talking of dogs, as we have been doing on another post; anyone have any advice on taking two small dogs on a holiday break? We are planning a 3/4 day break on Koh Chang in August at a pets friendly hotel. Private bungalow, so that is not a problem,  but I think the dogs will be on leads throughout the stay which they are not used to.  Any advice from those of you who have done it, any pit falls, issues we many not have considered? 

Taking your dogs could be fun.

I took mine to Las Vegas one time walked the strip and had a blast everyone wanted to pet him.

If they are not use to being on a lead, maybe take them out a few times on it before you go so they can adjust.

• Like 1

Hi pilotman

I was recently in Kho Chang at the long holiday 4to 7 of July

I brought my little dog along and I stayed at the 

Siam Bay Resort

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/siam-bay-resort.en-gb.html?aid=311984;label=koh-chang-bailan-beach-resort-MwOWFlGEKd_1z*JNYAHS1wS267082488626%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap%3Aneg%3Afi%3Atikwd-99519577944%3Alp1012728%3Ali%3Adec%3Adm%3Appccp%3DUmFuZG9tSVYkc2RlIyh9YXORK0YJiVoOxcWODxYDaAA;dest_id=900048006;dest_type=city;dist=0;from_beach_non_key_ufi_sr=1;group_adults=2;group_children=0;hapos=1;hpos=1;no_rooms=1;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;sr_order=popularity;srepoch=1594559136;srpvid=7c245c10893b007b;type=total;ucfs=1&#hotelTmpl

nice Bungalows and Appartments all with sea view,clean,friendly staff,realy good breakfast,nice private sandy beach,not much tourists at that time.

accept dogs , my charge 5oo thb /day we managed to redused bec of Corona one time 500 for 4 days.

about 25 km from Ferry but be prepeared to wait for hours to catch the ferry.

I arrieved 10.15am and on the ferry 2,45!!!

But we certainly enjoyed our holidays and will come back at the same Resort

Enjoy your Holiday

George

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ditchta said:

Hi pilotman

I was recently in Kho Chang at the long holiday 4to 7 of July

I brought my little dog along and I stayed at the 

Siam Bay Resort

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/siam-bay-resort.en-gb.html?aid=311984;label=koh-chang-bailan-beach-resort-MwOWFlGEKd_1z*JNYAHS1wS267082488626%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap%3Aneg%3Afi%3Atikwd-99519577944%3Alp1012728%3Ali%3Adec%3Adm%3Appccp%3DUmFuZG9tSVYkc2RlIyh9YXORK0YJiVoOxcWODxYDaAA;dest_id=900048006;dest_type=city;dist=0;from_beach_non_key_ufi_sr=1;group_adults=2;group_children=0;hapos=1;hpos=1;no_rooms=1;room1=A%2CA;sb_price_type=total;sr_order=popularity;srepoch=1594559136;srpvid=7c245c10893b007b;type=total;ucfs=1&#hotelTmpl

nice Bungalows and Appartments all with sea view,clean,friendly staff,realy good breakfast,nice private sandy beach,not much tourists at that time.

accept dogs , my charge 5oo thb /day we managed to redused bec of Corona one time 500 for 4 days.

about 25 km from Ferry but be prepeared to wait for hours to catch the ferry.

I arrieved 10.15am and on the ferry 2,45!!!

But we certainly enjoyed our holidays and will come back at the same Resort

Enjoy your Holiday

George

Thanks for that.  Yes, Siam Bay is on of the hotels we are looking at.  Good to hear of a first hand experience. 

It's difficult finding a place that accepts pets. I have spent hours searching. I Would NOT take my dog to any place, (so conventional hotels are out) with restrictions on its freedom. The reason I take my little dog on holiday is so she can run around and enjoy herself, and have done many times.

There is one problem I have faced when the Resort shows pets accepted and that is when arriving they tell me there is B200 or even B300 per night for my dog. If it is a deposit no probem, otherwise I wont' pay extra for my dog that consumes nothing there. If my dog damages anything, I will pay for it.  So a good idea to check if there is an extra charge.

Big dogs are another matter.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 9:02 AM, ChrisKC said:

It's difficult finding a place that accepts pets. I have spent hours searching. I Would NOT take my dog to any place, (so conventional hotels are out) with restrictions on its freedom. The reason I take my little dog on holiday is so she can run around and enjoy herself, and have done many times.

There is one problem I have faced when the Resort shows pets accepted and that is when arriving they tell me there is B200 or even B300 per night for my dog. If it is a deposit no probem, otherwise I wont' pay extra for my dog that consumes nothing there. If my dog damages anything, I will pay for it.  So a good idea to check if there is an extra charge.

Big dogs are another matter.

Its more stupid than difficult ! just go with your dog at any bungalow resort, without booking first, is the only way to do proceed !

Checking online and asking on the phone to retarded uneducated staff who know nothing and just don't care is never a great solution !