Thailand tightens borders over fears of second wave of coronavirus

snoop1130

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Air crew and the families of foreign diplomats are among the few groups of foreigners allowed into the country since March, on condition of spending 14 days in quarantine.

In neither the Sudan case nor the Egypt case was there any actual mandatory quarantine. 

The Egyptian military guys were just staying unsupervised at a regular hotel, while the Sudan family were in a condo on Suk Soi 26...also unsupervised AFAICT.

Apparently the government is coming up with a new definition of what constitutes "quarantine".

• Like 1

Why isnt Thailand talking about the survival rate if someone is positive.  With more testing comes more positives. Theirs no rush of hospitals with CV patients. People need to go around with video cameras and show the world going outside of what the health dept says. To have CV isnt a death sentence but the media along with govt is spreading fear. Its not just here in Thailand its all over the world. Whose pulling the strings?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In neither the Sudan case nor the Egypt case was there any actual mandatory quarantine. 

The Egyptian military guys were just staying unsupervised at a regular hotel, while the Sudan family were in a condo on Suk Soi 26...also unsupervised AFAICT.

Apparently the government is coming up with a new definition of what constitutes "quarantine".

You mean there is no officials calling at the place they reside to check on them at all? They should check on them every day. What so difficult? Just go there to make sure they are there not out shopping or going to meet friends.

4 minutes ago, poloshirt said:

You mean there is no officials calling at the place they reside to check on them at all? They should check on them every day. What so difficult? Just go there to make sure they are there not out shopping or going to meet friends.

Don't think that was happening in either case.

Calm down! Lets see if anybody else has got it before everybody loses it. There were staff who had delivered food to them that are quarintined now.

At the shopping mall they would of been wearing mask so any threat would only of came if they ate or drank there (You would of thought the investigation would of covered this).

Not naming the hotel and the shopping mall that they visited is madness because how can people come forward if the places that they visited are not open to the public. Although it has been leaked!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, mr mr said:

how do they know she is a tourist ? she could been a smart business lady off to an important meeting. 

also just curious. who exactly is she supposed to social distance from. i think i see a head at the back of the photo. 2nd or 3rd row from the back far left seat. 

Jesus Christ how do peoples minds work?

4 hours ago, brain150 said:

There is no Science at all about this whole Covid-19 BS !!! All hearsay and stupid comments.

Yes Brian, a lot of stupid comments. 

Wait the government made up "Covid19" and 13+ million people haven't really been infected and nearly 600,000 people haven't really died, all a hoax.........The governments of the world have happily spent trillions of dollars to hold up the economy and for medical research but yep it's all a big conspiracy!????

Opposed to your thinking, while it is difficult the virus strain has been isolated which is how scientists know what the protein structure is and 100+ companies have been developing a vaccine based on this. Oh wait, I bet that's a hoax too......

Nice one professor Brian. ????

Edited by Patts

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Don't think that was happening in either case.

That's why these foreigners will think the Thai government officials are jokers. I mean if you don't follow up with your warning to them to keep the quarantine rules.

1 hour ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Why isnt Thailand talking about the survival rate if someone is positive.  With more testing comes more positives. Theirs no rush of hospitals with CV patients. People need to go around with video cameras and show the world going outside of what the health dept says. To have CV isnt a death sentence but the media along with govt is spreading fear. Its not just here in Thailand its all over the world. Whose pulling the strings?

Exactly....according to 'Worldometre' 99% of 'active' cases are in a 'mild' condition. I ask you, if someone said to you that there was a new virus going around and that 99% of all the people that had it were in a mild condition....what would you think? 

Capture.PNG

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Exactly....according to 'Worldometre' 99% of 'active' cases are in a 'mild' condition. I ask you, if someone said to you that there was a new virus going around and that 99% of all the people that had it were in a mild condition....what would you think? 

Capture.PNG

I think you will find there is a misuse of the term "Mild Condition" as even some of the "mild" cases require hospital intervention.  This information is also from Worldometer and contradicts the information in "Active Cases" although there does seem to be a much improved outcome of Coronavirus cases in the United States, Brazil, India and Russia with far lower fatality rate then we saw a couple of months ago.

Screenshot 2020-07-14 at 09.08.10.png

Edited by Patts

5 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

I am not one of those people that denies there is a virus etc....BUT the fear mongering and misinformation that goes around about is very frustrating (to put it mildly) Certain groups are obviously taking advantage....for what purpose??? I can only speculate.

I agree from the point of view that the media has great delight in the arrival of the virus and have scare mongered which has heightened the sense of insecurity and impending doom. Some have benefited financially and it has certainly helped the Chinese to increase their dominance. I'm sure some investors have made good money too but the majority of the world are certainly worse off. 

Edited by Patts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bodga said:

if reasonably  priced, which it  isnt.

Christ, you can't have everything A-Z. 

If you are going to whinge about paying to quarantine then just stay at home. 

Anyways, after the furore of this Egyption dude, the tone is very downnbeat. I can't see them opening up. 

The only way they would open up, would be if a Singapore, Malaysia, type neighbour opened up and were doing well. 

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

China will come bail them out. Load massice debt on Thailand. Thus incorporating Thailand into the China circle. Nana Plaza will become a chinese made Condo.