Emoticons

Trillian

3 minutes ago, Paiman said:

I don't really take it personally. This Forum is Entertainment, Exchange of Information and others.

Everybody is entitled to his own opinion. If I notice different Emoticons given, so be it.

Sometimes I go for a reply on a topic, other times I might be lazy and only give one Em.

Why get upset?

It's a debate on a interesting topic, I want to hear people's views. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Perhaps you are taking it too seriously....????

Possibly but I don't think I am, as I said earlier this is a gnat that buzzes around the head size of issue rather than a fighter bomber attack.

I know from what people have written here and previously elsewhere that many posters find emojis aggravating and annoying, mostly it's about context. Being allowed the freedom to post nonsense and banality unhindered on topics that interest them demands those same posters reciprocate when others post on serious subjects, yet that coin hasn't dropped with many folk and probably never will.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Trillian said:

In fact I replied immediately after his post, in post number 4.

And please don't refer to me as sir, I don't call you Madam or Miss.

OK Sir, will never do it again.Sir

regards Worgeordie

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Exactly mate.... Talk about 2 faced, Trillian making a BIG fuss about sad emojis, but does exactly the same.

Soap box warrior, with nothing else to do, but get upset about nothing.????????????????

"Thou doth protesteth too much", as we both know full well!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

What you have to consider is that the 'sad' and 'confused' faces are the nearest to the heart. Lazy people, who do not want to click the heart, simply click on the nearest faces.

Personally, I'd like to see far more of these little faces on offer.

I've given you a confused one!

I honestly do hope that wasn't a misprit: faces, faeces

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:
21 minutes ago, Trillian said:

In fact I replied immediately after his post, in post number 4.

And please don't refer to me as sir, I don't call you Madam or Miss.

OK Sir, will never do it again.Sir

regards Worgeordie

As long as that one wasn't a misprit either: cur.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Trillian said:

"Thou doth protesteth too much", as we both know full well!

Is there an emoticon for bad English....'doth protesteth' should be 'doth protest' or 'thou protesteth', in my second person singular understanding anyway. But if you disagree, give us a sad or confused.   555

Edited by stouricks
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Is there an emoticon for bad English....doth protesteth should be doth protest, in my second person singular understanding anyway. But if you disagree, give us a sad or confused.   555

In the original version of Hamlet the word is written as protesteth and has only fairly recently been modernised to protest, even some stage production still use the olde English version.

"In Act III, scene II of Hamlet, the prince's mother dryly utters one of the most famous lines penned by Shakespeare, "Methinks the lady doth protesteth too much."  The phrase has come to mean that one can insist so strongly that something isn't true that people begin to suspect that it is".

https://www.definitions.net/definition/Protesteth#:~:text=Editors Contribution-,Protesteth,cover up a hidden truth.

Edited by Trillian
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

honestly do hope that wasn't a misprit: faces, faeces

It's an interesting debate. What I'd like to know is whether it is best to fart in front of a fan or behind.

I think behind, but Mrs Owl says both are nasty.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Trillian said:

I know from what people have written here and previously elsewhere that many posters find emojis aggravating and annoying, mostly it's about context. Being allowed the freedom to post nonsense and banality unhindered on topics that interest them demands those same posters reciprocate when others post on serious subjects, yet that coin hasn't dropped with many folk and probably never will.

You could be simply trying to enhance your 'community reputation'.

Novel way to do it Trillian.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Judging by your silly comments on this silly thread, yes a proper little Madam.????????????

And you certainly know about silly comments do you not!

A question for you Colin: I know from your posts that finance and economics are not your thing and either don't hold any interest for you and/or you don't know much about the subject, that's fair enough. Similarly, I'm not interested in one liners, throw away comments, dropping poo bombs on government or building dry stone walls. Those things being true, why would you bother to post exclusively sad or confused emoticons on subject matter you don't understand and haven't read? Just curious. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Paiman said:

Emoticons are more meant to be like casual remarks. Don,t put too much meaning into them.

In truth this is more about a handful of posters that another poster alluded to earlier than about emoticons themselves..

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Paiman said:

I think I understand.    Your on a mission.

Not really, I'm curious to know what others think about the subject which is why I posted, if I don't find out I shall go back to reading about economic issues in Asia and attend a meeting or two.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

This would fit this Sad Topic imo. Thats if ones allowed one there days

download.jpg

So why are you here, reading and contributing, is it really the best of all your alternatives right now?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Trillian said:

Talk of (one of) the devil(s).

Using emoticons in a reasonable and sparing manner may be useful or beneficial, repetitive daily clicking without even reading content (and we do know who wont read what), is not.

It's really simple. Readers don't agree or agree and don't want to a long winded discussion with you. You appear to have a misplaced ego.

Now you can award me a negative emoti.????

Edited by checkered flag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Trillian said:

In the original version of Hamlet the word is written as protesteth and has only fairly recently been modernised to protest, even some stage production still use the olde English version.

"In Act III, scene II of Hamlet, the prince's mother dryly utters one of the most famous lines penned by Shakespeare, "Methinks the lady doth protesteth too much."  The phrase has come to mean that one can insist so strongly that something isn't true that people begin to suspect that it is".

https://www.definitions.net/definition/Protesteth#:~:text=Editors Contribution-,Protesteth,cover up a hidden truth.

Who says Billy S was correct?   LOL

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, checkered flag said:

It's really simple. Readers don't agree or agree and don't want to a long winded discussion with you. You appear to have a misplaced ego.

Now you can award me a negative emoti.????

"A misplaced ego", what is that pray tell?

You see I asked you a question in order to find answer to something I don't understand, much better than clicking an amohi and never finding that answer...far better all round.

• Confused 2

33 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

It's an interesting debate. What I'd like to know is whether it is best to fart in front of a fan or behind.

I think behind, but Mrs Owl says both are nasty.

I'd go for behind the fan too.

If you stand in front, the dispersing wind might circulate around, towards the offender. That way you could 'get your own back'.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Trillian said:

"A misplaced ego", what is that pray tell?

You see I asked you a question in order to find answer to something I don't understand, much better than clicking an amohi and never finding that answer...far better all round.

Seems long winded for don't agree