Squash In Bkk

AviC

Hi

Recently arrived in BKK and am keen on playing a bit of squash. Having troubles finding a place to play/ppl to play with. Any advice on places/leagues/comps etc or ppl interested in a bit of a hit much appreciated. Am not super good or anything but have been playing for a couple of years - bit of exercise and a social player.

The Omni Hotel on Soi 4 has 2 squash courts.

President Hotel at the end of Soi 24 has a fitness club [Capitol Club ?]

that has courts.

British Club down on Silom Soi 18 is very private but they have courts too.

JFYI

The Omni Hotel on Soi 4 has 2 squash courts.

President Hotel at the end of Soi 24 has a fitness club [Capitol Club ?]that has courts.

British Club down on Silom Soi 18 is very private but they have courts too.

Any idea of the prices? I'm also looking to start playing. Hopefully around Sukhumvit...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a keen squash player too. Came to Bangkok 2.5 yrs ago but just found this great place for squashers - Thai-Japan Youth Centre at Dindaeng (Thais call it "thai-yippon-dindaeng"). It is a HUGE sports centre (I think easily around 4-5 acres) with 3 football fields, 1 olympic size pool, some 12 badminton courts, 1 full track n field stadium etc etc.... and ofcourse a 4-court squash complex. Open daily till 9pm exc Monday and holiday. Friendly Thai players from various grades playing usually from 5pm-9pm. I go there whenever I can.... avg 3times/week. PM me and I can meet you there to "introduce" you for first session... if you want.

Go to tcmbiz.com/squash/list_bangkokcourts.htm for a short list of places to play squash.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
Hi, I'm a keen squash player too. Came to Bangkok 2.5 yrs ago but just found this great place for squashers - Thai-Japan Youth Centre at Dindaeng (Thais call it "thai-yippon-dindaeng"). It is a HUGE sports centre (I think easily around 4-5 acres) with 3 football fields, 1 olympic size pool, some 12 badminton courts, 1 full track n field stadium etc etc.... and ofcourse a 4-court squash complex. Open daily till 9pm exc Monday and holiday. Friendly Thai players from various grades playing usually from 5pm-9pm. I go there whenever I can.... avg 3times/week. PM me and I can meet you there to "introduce" you for first session... if you want.

Go to tcmbiz.com/squash/list_bangkokcourts.htm for a short list of places to play squash.

Cheers.

I've not played since June 2005. However, I've always kept my two rackets in the trunk of my car driving around hoping for a place to squash real hard some day. Thanks for the info. I have one question about the Thai-Japan center's squash policy. I only have basketball shoes and will they allow me to wear this type of shoes to play? Can you also let me know about the general attire? Back in school in the US, I sometimes played without my shirt on. Thanks in advance. :o

Cheers.

I've not played since June 2005. However, I've always kept my two rackets in the trunk of my car driving around hoping for a place to squash real hard some day. Thanks for the info. I have one question about the Thai-Japan center's squash policy. I only have basketball shoes and will they allow me to wear this type of shoes to play? Can you also let me know about the general attire? Back in school in the US, I sometimes played without my shirt on. Thanks in advance. :o

:D well, you wouldnt impress me with your shirt off.......just more sweat to drip on the floor .....and whoops broken leg etc......

Some of you guys ( with shirts ) coming down to Samui during July/August ?