Who Has Bought or Sold Their Own Property In The Last Few Months?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We bought a 2 bed bungalow in Thalang, saw a sign in the window and while waiting for the owner (A THai), the guy next door said that his english friends were selling over the road. We went to take a look, it was perfect, so we bought it the same day(Completed in 4 days).

It was the right price, nicely furnished (all new), with a new western kitchen, how could we resist!

Andrew

(Cyprus 1951)

We bought a 2 bed bungalow in Thalang, saw a sign in the window and while waiting for the owner (A THai), the guy next door said that his english friends were selling over the road. We went to take a look, it was perfect, so we bought it the same day(Completed in 4 days).

It was the right price, nicely furnished (all new), with a new western kitchen, how could we resist!

Andrew

(Cyprus 1951)

Andrew

(Cyprus 1951)

We have just bought a 30 year lease on a property at Thalang. We just drove around, saw lots of private sale properties and ended up

buying one recommended by a guy next door to another property we saw. Agents seemed to think they new what was best for us,

i.e. a condo, which we did not want. Think the best way is to take a look at what's around yourself.

Just purchasing a 3 bed property in Phuket (Pak Lok).

Brand new and managed to get a fully fitted western kitchen, 2 air cons, landscape garden and all legal fees paid thrown into the contract. As well as a discount from the asking price!

For new developments shop around and you can find a deal. I got the impression that they are not going like hotcakes at the moment.

For resales the sellers are pretty desparate I found. I would have brought a resale but did not find one I really liked.

What is the deal with the Witthayu Complex? Hope either of you can enlighten us.

If nothing else, just ask where your parking lot is.

and try to forget the petrol tanker incident that happened in front of the property a few years back... *shudders* unfortunately for that area the locals have not forgotten either...

The traffic is less than ideal too; accessed via Petchburi and the one way part of Wireless... eugh!

"Who Has Bought or Sold Their Own Property In The Last Few Months?"

Bought condo last week. 3-day transaction from start to finish:

Day 1: "Can I see the condo?" I spent 2 mins in there and made an offer. Handshake and deposit paid.

Day 2: Got Cashier's check from my bank

Day 3: Land Department. Done deal.

FYI. There was NOBODY ELSE in the Land Department office that day. So as I would have guessed, transactions are slow...

dsc00196az1.th.jpg

U can see it says Feb 12, 2009 on there... just in case anybody thinks I'm making this up (why would I, anyway?). After maintenence fees, etc... 8.78% ROI - renting cheap (very cheap) to the tenant who was already there and is going to stay. Fully furnished to western spec. A good deal is a good deal, bottom line. I learned my off-plan lesson (see my other thread), so this one was 2nd hand.

So no black on black Rangie for now (sorry phillipm) - but "for now" according to jcon could be "within the next 15 mins or so." :o

Would I buy off-plan right now? hel_l no. Are there some good deals out there on 2nd hand stuff? hel_l yes.

"Who Has Bought or Sold Their Own Property In The Last Few Months?"

Bought condo last week. 3-day transaction from start to finish:

Day 1: "Can I see the condo?" I spent 2 mins in there and made an offer. Handshake and deposit paid.

Day 2: Got Cashier's check from my bank

Day 3: Land Department. Done deal.

FYI. There was NOBODY ELSE in the Land Department office that day. So as I would have guessed, transactions are slow...

dsc00196az1.th.jpg

U can see it says Feb 12, 2009 on there... just in case anybody thinks I'm making this up (why would I, anyway?). After maintenence fees, etc... 8.78% ROI - renting cheap (very cheap) to the tenant who was already there and is going to stay. Fully furnished to western spec. A good deal is a good deal, bottom line. I learned my off-plan lesson (see my other thread), so this one was 2nd hand.

So no black on black Rangie for now (sorry phillipm) - but "for now" according to jcon could be "within the next 15 mins or so." :o

Would I buy off-plan right now? hel_l no. Are there some good deals out there on 2nd hand stuff? hel_l yes.

Can you share with us what building, m2 and price?

Nej, sorensen, I'm sorry I can't (I promised moderator 'donna' not to post too many personal details... as she's been nice enough to help me more than once, I will keep my promise to her).

I can say that I would not buy on Thonglor 18 (Soi Benz Thonglor)... That's about all I can say. And I can say I would not buy off-plan. And I would say that if you are currently in an off-plan contract in a building/project that's not finished/having problems (no matter what bullshit they try to feed you)... GET OUT - be smart. Then go spend your money elsewhere... preferably on a black on black Rangie :o

I will let midas and zorro argue the rest. But it's just my experience I'm speaking from.

Nej, sorensen, I'm sorry I can't (I promised moderator 'donna' not to post too many personal details... as she's been nice enough to help me more than once, I will keep my promise to her).

I can say that I would not buy on Thonglor 18 (Soi Benz Thonglor)... That's about all I can say. And I can say I would not buy off-plan. And I would say that if you are currently in an off-plan contract in a building/project that's not finished/having problems (no matter what bullshit they try to feed you)... GET OUT - be smart. Then go spend your money elsewhere... preferably on a black on black Rangie :o

I will let midas and zorro argue the rest. But it's just my experience I'm speaking from.

I'm not familiar with the phrase "black on black Rangie". I assume it has to do with the type of title? Could you explain what this means?

As for not posting details, that's up to you. Some posters have and some have not. Knowing the building and the price per m2 can help others of us gain a better grasp of the market. This is why others will ask this question.

I'm not familiar with the phrase "black on black Rangie". I assume it has to do with the type of title? Could you explain what this means?

As for not posting details, that's up to you. Some posters have and some have not. Knowing the building and the price per m2 can help others of us gain a better grasp of the market. This is why others will ask this question.

Sorry, donx... that's me using motor slang in a real estate forum (but your guess made me chuckle)... what I was referring to is vehicle, a Land Rover Range Rover to be specific (the "Rangie" to some Brits, "The Range," "The Shiznit," or "All Around Pimp-Mobile" to some Americans...)

"black on black" refers to the color-combo - black paint, black leather.... (and the obligatory black tint, but then I'd say "triple-black")...

feelin' me yo? :D sorry for bringing motor slang into this... was more of a joke to member philipm.

And as for the details, I know what you mean. My current grasp of the market is my last experience of the market: bought on Thonglor at 63k per m2, 3 years ago this month. Dec (a few months ago) I wanted my money back as per contract. Developer says to me, "You can't buy anything that cheap around Thonglor now, everything is 100k per sqm+." I say, "Fine, then buy back at my cost + interest and go sell it for your awesome 40k per sqm profit." 2 months, lawyers, and a sniper-team on standby (thanks to a wacky tv member...:o ), I get my money back. I bet they couldn't even offload my unit at my original cost as it stands.

That's my (narrow) grasp of the market, but from what I hear from friends, it's not much better for them... I don't mind shooting the breeze about the condo market here in LOS, but when it comes down to a pissing contest (like the thread which has now become "zorro vs. midas"), it's kinda boring. And it's all talk unless there is some proof, which is why I posted a pic of my chanote, indicating 'cash paid, deal done.' Short of coming over to my house and looking at my chanote and bank statements, that's all I can do...

but you did learn one thing donx, now you know what a "Black on Black Rangie" is - which essentially - equals the meaning of life :D

Sorry, donx... that's me using motor slang in a real estate forum (but your guess made me chuckle)... what I was referring to is vehicle, a Land Rover Range Rover to be specific (the "Rangie" to some Brits, "The Range," "The Shiznit," or "All Around Pimp-Mobile" to some Americans...)

"black on black" refers to the color-combo - black paint, black leather.... (and the obligatory black tint, but then I'd say "triple-black")...

feelin' me yo? :D sorry for bringing motor slang into this... was more of a joke to member philipm.

And as for the details, I know what you mean. My current grasp of the market is my last experience of the market: bought on Thonglor at 63k per m2, 3 years ago this month. Dec (a few months ago) I wanted my money back as per contract. Developer says to me, "You can't buy anything that cheap around Thonglor now, everything is 100k per sqm+." I say, "Fine, then buy back at my cost + interest and go sell it for your awesome 40k per sqm profit." 2 months, lawyers, and a sniper-team on standby (thanks to a wacky tv member...:o ), I get my money back. I bet they couldn't even offload my unit at my original cost as it stands.

That's my (narrow) grasp of the market, but from what I hear from friends, it's not much better for them... I don't mind shooting the breeze about the condo market here in LOS, but when it comes down to a pissing contest (like the thread which has now become "zorro vs. midas"), it's kinda boring. And it's all talk unless there is some proof, which is why I posted a pic of my chanote, indicating 'cash paid, deal done.' Short of coming over to my house and looking at my chanote and bank statements, that's all I can do...

but you did learn one thing donx, now you know what a "Black on Black Rangie" is - which essentially - equals the meaning of life :D

People dont believe Im getting more than 12% ROI on my condo rentals!! Good keep it open for me TA.

My " pissing contest " with zorro is only about provoking thought and ultimately to invoke

would be buyers to ask themselves - HOLD ON THERE - Could prices go lower this time around?

If you like I am the Batman of the condominium market making sure Jokers like zorro don't influence

too many poor retiree's to rush in and make some premature and wrong decisions - " Caveat Emptor " and all that :o

My " pissing contest " with zorro is only about provoking thought and ultimately to invoke

would be buyers to ask themselves - HOLD ON THERE - Could prices go lower this time around?

If you like I am the Batman of the condominium market making sure Jokers like zorro don't influence

too many poor retiree's to rush in and make some premature and wrong decisions - " Caveat Emptor " and all that :o

And do you think anyone seriously in the market for property in Thailand pays any attention to your ramblings Midas?? :D

And do you think anyone seriously in the market for property in Thailand pays any attention to your ramblings Midas?? :D

Well Lenny there is a very simple answer to that question :o

Anyone who has any doubts about your CREDIBILITY only need to look back at your past postings to see which

side of the fence you are on because what you have written show you as being another real estate " spiv "

Edited by midas

I have just relisted my house in Pattaya for rent or sale and so far am pleased at the activity. The developer of my village has said that the rental market is picking up this last month and it appears to be so.

He has 3 beautiful villas for sale or rent and I wish I had the money I would grab another one. I actually prefer to rent over selling since my ROI is about 8% (US tax free) and I don't know where I could get that elsewhare.

If I had some extra cash I would put it in Thailand. I think the returns are better and the future is brighter compared to the US.

Of course there is risk, but I think the trends are good.

I have just relisted my house in Pattaya for rent or sale and so far am pleased at the activity. The developer of my village has said that the rental market is picking up this last month and it appears to be so.

He has 3 beautiful villas for sale or rent and I wish I had the money I would grab another one. I actually prefer to rent over selling since my ROI is about 8% (US tax free) and I don't know where I could get that elsewhare.

If I had some extra cash I would put it in Thailand. I think the returns are better and the future is brighter compared to the US.

Of course there is risk, but I think the trends are good.

If you are a US citizen that rent you receive is tax-free only if you are cheating on your taxes. US citizens are taxable on our world-wide income.

My wife and I just bought a bungalow in Thalang, 370 sq m plot 150sq m house for 2.3m Tb. Currently living in Europe we

thought this a very good buy.

2.3 mil, not bad...

I just got myself customer for 1 year condo rental starting next month. Not easy finding client in low season. It's a friend so I drop the price from usual 50k down to 35k per month for fully furnished joint. Have to admit, Santa came earlier this year considering current economic crisis.

I have my house for sale. Been 'available' for a month or so now.

New Build. 86 m2 @ 3.5m THB. Close to RPM in Phuket.

I emailed 10 'big' agents but only 2 kindly replied. The other really professional agents just ignored it.

Maybe just their ignorance at the lower commission fee OR it could be that everything has slowed right down...

Anyway, still looking to sell

Sean

>edit - spelling

Edited by SeanPhuket

I have my house for sale. Been 'available' for a month or so now.

New Build. 86 m2 @ 3.5m THB. Close to RPM in Phuket.

I emailed 10 'big' agents but only 2 kindly replied. The other really professional agents just ignored it.

Maybe just their ignorance at the lower commission fee OR it could be that everything has slowed right down...

Anyway, still looking to sell

Sean

>edit - spelling

The work involved to sell a cheap or expensive property is pretty the same for the agents,

assuming the commission is the typical 5%, the income for the agency would be about 175.000 Thb,

in general this comm. must be share between the office and the sales man (if not a middle man is involved as often happen)

making your property not so attractive to sell.

Even if the present market conditions are not good not many people are looking for such cheap houses, in addition

there are oversupply of properties, means the agents (usually) select and collect in their portfoglio what they believe they can sell.

Only my 2 cents