Hi there everyone my wife’s UK settlement visa is due to run out November 30 this year. We would both like to go back to Thailand and spend 6-8 months there to have enough time to oversee our house built what would be the best option for her to return to England after with me ? Can we just apply for a tourist visa ? Originally I was planning to stay in the UK with her until we could get a UK citizen ship for he and then UK passport and then no more visas back and forth but we are at least another 4 years away from that. We have enough for our house now and I want to go get it underway now. I’m worried that I will not have enough earnings to show I can support her for another further leave to remain visa if we go. And Also the expense of it. HELP any one know what the best thing might be cheapest option other than leave her in new house and come back alone lol ?

With respect, it is you who has to decide what you want to do.  Your wife is almost half-way to getting Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.  Now you want to leave and return to Thailand to build a house. Yes, you can do so, and, yes, you can then apply for a visit visa for the UK, but you will have to convince the UKVI that your wife is intending only to visit the UK, and that might be difficult after she has applied for, and been granted, a settlement visa.  You could, of course, apply for another settlement visa after building your house, and start all over again but, as you say that will depend on your financial situation. If it your intention to live in Thailand for the foreseeable future, then, yes, leave the UK and then apply for visit visas in the future, but (as said) you will need to demonstrate that your wife intends to return to Thailand after each visit.

• Like 1