Non b Expiring soon. Can I extend by 28 days as I have Thai family?

I am suppose to be leaving to work in China but obviously cant until the borders open. My Non B and WP expire on Aug 14th. Can I get extension for 28 days as I have Thai family? I last did this successfully 10 years ago and had to print the law to show the IO! Usually you get 7 days to leave after WP cancelled but 28 for people with Thai family, I think?

I then plan to switch to A Non O visa towards the end of the 28 days. Is this possible to do in CW without leaving the country?

It seems like I picked a bad year to move to China! Signed the contract last Dec before the pandemic. Thanks for advice.

• Like 1

I married to or the parent of a Thai you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit them.

But that may not be necessary if they extend the amnesty. You would get a automatic extension until the amnesty ends and then you could apply for the 60 day extension shortly before it ends.

• Like 1

Yes looks like the amnesty will be extended until Sep 26 and thus you could apply for the 60 day extension prior to this date as UJ has stated. Final confirmation of the amnesty extension will probably be made next week.

On 7/16/2020 at 1:30 PM, ubonjoe said:

I married to or the parent of a Thai you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit them.

But that may not be necessary if they extend the amnesty. You would get a automatic extension until the amnesty ends and then you could apply for the 60 day extension shortly before it ends.

Thank you Ubon Joe for that. To get on the amnesty do you need to go to CW? I also need to do 90 day report on Aug 10 but if amnesty we dont need to go right??

Sorry for silly questions and thanks.