Visa Options

I have an education visa until about the middle of next month. If there is no amnesty in August and I have to leave I want to know what the current situation is like. Would appreciate some answers to the following questions:

• Can I stay here and get a marriage visa in Thailand? I have all the necessary paperwork to get married here with my fiancee and have had 400k in my bank for 2 months.
  • If I get married and come back is it expected I be able to return ahead of tourists?
  • I am coming to the end of my education visa. Before that I was here on a combination of tourist visas and visa-exempt stamps and also had 2 education visas prior to this. Am I likely to be given another tourist visa if I applied?

Many thanks in advance for any help offered. ????

If you got married before you extension of stay for attending school ends you could apply the extension based upon marriage on the day the current one ends or on the date shown on letter from the school as the day you studies end. If you did this it would be called changing the reason for your extension.

You also could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your new wife if you needed more to prepare for the one year extension based upon marriage and apply near the end of the 60 days.

If you do leave the country and have gotten married before then you could apply for a single tourist visa at embassy or consulate before returning.