Fourth time lucky? Meatball guy treats 1,000 villagers hoping for lottery riches from sacred tree trunk

webfact

Fourth time lucky? Meatball guy treats 1,000 villagers hoping for lottery riches from sacred tree trunk

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

More than 1,000 Thai people flocked to a paddy field in Phitsanulok yesterday to divine lottery numbers from a tree trunk.

An ancient "takhian" tree trunk - believed to house the spirit of "Mae Maliwan" - was found in the Kapao Klong in Khor Dong sub-district of the northern Thai province. 

The man who discovered it said that the spirit of the goddess appeared to him in a dream and solemnly intoned: "Please remove me from the canal - I have been lying here for 800 years".

55.jpg

Unfortunately it would cost a small fortune for the huge log to be dredged up so it remained half hidden. 

At this point a local "luuk chin" (meatball) factory owner showed an interest. After cleverly working out the numbers, he managed to win the lottery three times in a row to the tune of 400,000 baht. 

In order to pay back the goddess for her bounty he decided to spend several tens of thousands of baht dredging up the log and housed it in a shelter. 

Yesterday he treated all comers to 100 kilos of his delicious meatballs and organised a brass band.

66.jpg

A "buang suang" worship and sacrifice ceremony was held and lottery numbers were divined from dance routines. 

Sanook reported that 128, 586, 51, 59 and 68 were all the rage. 

A large number of lottery ticket sellers at the scene were doing a roaring trade. 

77.jpg

Sanook made no mention that it might not prove lucky for 1,000 people to be gathering in close proximity amid the coronavirus pandemic, notes Thaivisa.

Instead they published more than a dozen pictures of the event. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-07-17

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Sanook reported that 128, 586, 51, 59 and 68 were all the rage. 

No Way! I have it on devine authority that the numbers are................! ???? How gullible are these clowns?

6 hours ago, webfact said:

More than 1,000 Thai people flocked to a paddy field in Phitsanulok yesterday to divine lottery numbers from a tree trunk

I think it was the free meatballs that clinched it !

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The man who discovered it said that the spirit of the goddess appeared to him in a dream and solemnly intoned: "Please remove me from the canal - I have been lying here for 800 years".

Been on the Lao Khao again????

Water Goddess by monioo on DeviantArt

• Haha 1

I'm not certain what genus of tree constitutes a Holy tree.  But I have observed, practically every village in Thailand has one.  You would be hard pressed to go to one of these country temples and them not have a Holy tree.  So then you have to decide in your mind, which Holy tree is giving the correct lottery numbers.  With thousands of Holy trees around, and someone discerning 4, 5 or 6 numbers from a tree, one of them is going to hit a number occasionally if even just one number, like 16 or 5.  A person could basically go out in the forest somewhere, find a old fallen down tree, load it up, deposit it in his front yard and then sell tickets to a newly discovered Holy tree.  With the caveat, if this tree is not giving you a lucky lottery number, your not Holy enough or worthy.  I see nothing but good fortune ahead.  LOL.