Short changing scam

Gabe H Coud

On 7/19/2020 at 8:26 PM, Puchaiyank said:

You have an option...not obligation...to tip in the US based on the service you receive.  In Thailand, who the hey tips a cashier at a 7/11?  Oh, yes, of course...you do!  ????

Bit like your voting system I guess..no obligation..and yes I do put my small change in the jar.

Had this experience in a 7-Eleven. You pay with 1000 and get the change for 500. Since this experience I never paid with a 1000 Note in convenience stores again. At other shops like Tops I often pay with 1000 Baht to get smaller notes. Never had a problem there.

On 7/19/2020 at 12:56 PM, OJAS said:

Happened to me at my local immigration office several years ago when they "omitted" to give me a 100 THB note as change for the 2 x 1,000 THB notes I'd handed over for payment of my annual extension application, until reminded of this "omission" by my wife. Ever since then I've always made a point of including a 500 THB note + 4 x 100 THB notes (as well as at least 1,000 THB note, of course) in my wallet at annual extension of stay time so as to make the 1,900 THB payment in exact cash. 

Happened to me this year.