Relaxations to Blood Donor criteria effective 13 July 2020.

The Fugitive

Found this https://www.army.mil/article/237127/blood_donor_restrictions_relax_thousands_now_eligible_to_save_lives

It is US Army but comes under US Red Cross same as Thailand's criteria.

Unfortunately those from UK will continue to be disqualified as the part about being in UK for a total of three months or more during period 1980 to 1996 remains. However, that didn't seem to be an issue when I donated for the first time at a mobile session last Thursday. That question was asked and I responded truthfully and was accepted despite that exclusion most definitely applying to myself.

I know others have tried and been rejected. Just thought it might be worth another try at this time!

Are you sure that Thailand has the same criteria as the US? When I was in the US I used to donate regularly, but as of 5 years ago when I started to spend longer periods of time in Thailand, I thought that disqualified me per US rules.

Maybe Sheryl can give us a definitive answer on this as pertains to Thai standards.

28 minutes ago, JerseytoBKK said:

Are you sure that Thailand has the same criteria as the US? When I was in the US I used to donate regularly, but as of 5 years ago when I started to spend longer periods of time in Thailand, I thought that disqualified me per US rules.

Maybe Sheryl can give us a definitive answer on this as pertains to Thai standards.

That may be the case. It's the Food and Drug Administration regulations which have changed and apply to both. Just checked the American Red Cross website, amended May 2020.