A tale of a man who lost his job due to Covid-19

webfact

10 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

He could go home to his province but chooses to beg in Pattaya and doing quite well according to the article, many worse off than him who haven’t been given 90,000 baht.

Hopefully he’s counting his blessings.

If you call "Sarawut said he had walked from south to north Pattaya, looking for a job but in vain." begging, well, that is a pretty high standard you have set.

I have not read his original "story" on Facebook, so I do not know if he was "begging" there. But it sounds like donations were made out of admiration, not pity. And with 90k in the bank, did he jump in a hammock and start drinking? No. He "got work in a factory located in Rayong province", then "posted on his Facebook, asking people to stop transferring money to him"

And it does appear that he did count his blessings, and shared them:

16 hours ago, webfact said:

The man revealed that from the donations he had received, he had given Bt10,000 to a local restaurant so that poor people would be able to order food.

He said he also had transferred Bt9,000 to a children-related foundation, and had got work in a factory located in Rayong province.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, timendres said:

If you call "Sarawut said he had walked from south to north Pattaya, looking for a job but in vain." begging, well, that is a pretty high standard you have set.

I have not read his original "story" on Facebook, so I do not know if he was "begging" there. But it sounds like donations were made out of admiration, not pity. And with 90k in the bank, did he jump in a hammock and start drinking? No. He "got work in a factory located in Rayong province", then "posted on his Facebook, asking people to stop transferring money to him"

And it does appear that he did count his blessings, and shared them:

Like you said, you haven’t read the article you quote from.

????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

He could go home to his province but chooses to beg in Pattaya 

it said in the post he had spent his last 5 baht on water,how was he supposed to get back to his province? walk? last i heard buses charge.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

He could go home to his province but chooses to beg in Pattaya and doing quite well according to the article, many worse off than him who haven’t been given 90,000 baht.

Hopefully he’s counting his blessings.

Supposed his home province is Isarn, do you really think he could find a job there rather than in Pattaya ?

Or do you suggest he should live of the meager savings of his family.

Be thankful not to be in the shoes of the thousands and thousands who lost their jobs in thailand and many other countries.