Source documentation for 800/400k in bank?

Is any documentation needed for the 800.000 or 400.000 baht when applying for retirement or marriage visa?

In my case I have drawn my own salary for a year here, and has some cash I plan on getting into the account ASAP.

Some will also come from abroad, but if I run it through Transferwise and ATMs here I won't have to wait for the transfer...

I hope the need for documentation is for the monthly income on retirement only!

Thanks everyone!

I've kept my ATM slips for ages, although they fade I'll do copies of those just to make 100% sure - also it will be logged at the other end of course.

When will all the paperwork end? Perhaps that is what is really scary, IF it ends it also means they've got AND use all your data actively...

Another thing... If I keep 200k on each of two accounts, update the passbooks all the time & bring them when applying for marriage visa, would that be OK?

Or would I have to get letters from both banks the same day I go to Nonthaburi immigration...

20 minutes ago, EbhB said:

Another thing... If I keep 200k on each of two accounts, update the passbooks all the time & bring them when applying for marriage visa, would that be OK?

Or would I have to get letters from both banks the same day I go to Nonthaburi immigration...

You could have the half of the 400k baht in two accounts.

Bank letter for each account and updated bank book to show the 200k baht has been in the bank for months. Bank letter from the day before should be allowed and updated bank books the same day.

Ah, great - that tiny details about getting the letter the day before could easily save my day!

I do NOT feel very well putting all the fiat currency I will have to put into these banks in ONE bank only... Wish I could have put up gold as collateral for getting married instead! ????