How Different Are "normal" Girls To Bar Girls?

daveh

"A whore is a hooker is a brass is a prostitute is a bar girl is a freelancer."

Perhaps you guys, spooky, medicinebox, et al, could explain the difference between the above category (all the same in there?) and a human being? Given subtlety isn't your strength, one or two easily verifyable points will suffice to start.

Well said mate.

I can't even be bothered to argue with these people but for what it's worth I will mention that the boyfriend of my friend who picked up the tab is using her to get a business in Thailand.

He's not a bad bloke and he seems very fond of her and she of him but they are in a way, using each other but not in the way which you lot would no doubt assume.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bar girls are the same as 'normal girls'. You just have to find out if they have a good heart or not. I expect the chances of finding a bar girl with a good heart is less than for normal girls, but on the other hand it is easy to meet a lot of bar girls.

Statistically, it appears that over 50% of people who marry Thai ladies in the UK are married to ex-bar girls, and most of them are happily married.

In the end it all depends if you mind if your wife worked in the sex industry before you met/married her or not. Its all about morals, some guys care, some dont. To each his own. I personally wouldn't date a bargirl, thats just a personal preference, but if any of you have and it worked out, more power to you.

In the end it all depends if you mind if your wife worked in the sex industry before you met/married her or not. Its all about morals, some guys care, some dont. To each his own. I personally wouldn't date a bargirl, thats just a personal preference, but if any of you have and it worked out, more power to you.
Correct. And I am not one for telling people what to do.
"A whore is a hooker is a brass is a prostitute is a bar girl is a freelancer."

Perhaps you guys, spooky, medicinebox, et al, could explain the difference between the above category (all the same in there?) and a human being? Given subtlety isn't your strength, one or two easily verifyable points will suffice to start.

I am saying that that there is no difference "Moraly" to any one of the aforementioned. Once a girl has accepted money for sex she has fallen. Don't start with "We all pay one way or another" You know what I am saying. Now yes I guess a freelancer is preferable to a Soi 6 girl, if you don't mind as Rainman pointed out. And yes, some none working gals are complete bitches, wheras some working girls are lovely.

But how many people actually admit to their parents or friends back home, that they are seeing/married to a working girl. Fair play to the ones that do, you have fully accepted it. The ones who won't.....hmmmm, if you cant be open about it, then I think you are harbouring some shame.

Each to his own anyway... :o

I think that you're much more up against it if you decide to take the easy option. Lots of uncertainty as to if it will work. Surely anyone who gets involved with a bar girl will spend half their time watching her to see if she goes back to her old ways. Ok there are many "good" girls who play around same BUT I think if I chose a bar girl i'd be sitting and waiting for her to do the dirty.. No way!

You think how your nationality thinks towards others (as a narrow minded whole) ie. English and German and then think that the bar girls have been trained and schooled to extract Westerners from their money. Finding one that didn't swallow the propoganda would definately be an uphill battle.

The above posts are more valid and less tar-brushing - some fair points I suppose.

What makes a bargirl bad though? I would imagine her experiences with western man, and the fact she is used to being used and using in return.

There is method to their badness.

Daveh, don't listen to all the negative posters, I'm married now for 12 years with an ex BG, we are happy and have no problems.

It's a question of two people who loves each other, and has nothing to do with nationality or race.

I have just found this forum and have been reading it quite a lot in the last few days. Much of what I have read paints a dark picture of Thai wives. But frequently, whether or not the Thai wife was a bargirl is ommitted. I have a "normal" Thai girlfriend that is a secretary and has never been involved in the sex industry. I do love her and am considering marrying her, but I do worry about some of the horror stories I have read here.

Also, I have some friends that do have bar girl girlfriends. I have frequently warned them to be careful, but I wonder if I should be taking my own advice to them more seriously for myself. What rate do bargirl relationships succeed? Are the success rates any different for "normal" Thai girls?

human nature being what it is anything is possible .

from the cases i know of non BGs are just as bad(unreliable and treacherous) as BGs ...

once you take her out of LOS the trouble can start ,but if you stay with her in LOS i think you have a better chance .. out of LOS there are too many temptations for her to go astray ...

there are so many mitigating factors concerning her and you ...

Some "bar girls" are "bar girls"

Some "bar girls" are "bar girls"

who have never had the chance to be "normal girls"

Some "normal girls" are "normal girls"

Some "normal girls" are "normal girls" who have never had the chance to be "bar girls"

Take your pick !!!

...three pages of stupidity. Just to inform you... I would rather spend every night together with an open-hearted women (and it really DOESN'T MATTER how she earns her money as long as she is really OPEN-HEARTED) than with some ignorant blokes like the ones which think they have the right to judge about women they don't know in a post like this.

Before you start to type some bullshit and generalize about people you don't know personally it would be useful to think about yourself. You will have enough time for these kind of thoughts when you sit in your VIP coach on your next monthly trip to cambodia. You can use your lonely nights at home for it after you got so pissed in your favourite pool&football expat pub that every respectable girl inevitably avoid to stay with you in the same room. (ooops... I get this weird feeling that I make generalizations about people I don't know)

But anyway... sometimes it is better to think about yourself first before you start to blow out unsustainable thoughts. Love you all ... Shuni

(one the first page somebody suggested to close this... isn't it time???)

...three pages of stupidity. Just to inform you... I would rather spend every night together with an open-hearted women (and it really DOESN'T MATTER how she earns her money as long as she is really OPEN-HEARTED) than with some ignorant blokes like the ones which think they have the right to judge about women they don't know in a post like this.

Before you start to type some bullshit and generalize about people you don't know personally it would be useful to think about yourself. You will have enough time for these kind of thoughts when you sit in your VIP coach on your next monthly trip to cambodia. You can use your lonely nights at home for it after you got so pissed in your favourite pool&football expat pub that every respectable girl inevitably avoid to stay with you in the same room. (ooops... I get this weird feeling that I make generalizations about people I don't know)

But anyway... sometimes it is better to think about yourself first before you start to blow out unsustainable thoughts. Love you all ... Shuni

(one the first page somebody suggested to close this... isn't it time???)

Nicely put Shunima.

:o

It does get a tad boring when everything is down to personal experiences and opinions. Nothing more, although I do tend to think the people who have a hatred for the girls most likely sit in bars and listen to the very same girls ripping the p$ss out of them, their cheap skate ways and their rather perculiar smell before trying to hire them. Familiarity breeds content!

Getting back to the original question.

What is the difference between a normal girl and a bar girl?

The difference becomes glaringly obvious when you stop using the term 'bar girl' and replace it with the accurate and more correclty discriptive term 'Prostitute'.

The term 'bar girl' serves only to confuse the issue.

Ask what is the difference between a normal girl back in your home country and a prostitute back in your home country and you will have the answer to the opening question.

Yes thats it, not BG or Bar Girl but PROSTITUTE.

50% of "Stupid Farrang" are married to a Prostitute in the UK how many in Thailand.

How many admit to it, Thailand makes instant liars out of normal farrang and Prostitutes as the first thing that is asked is where did you meet and what did she do, the lie starts.

They are worlds apart.

:o:D:D

50% of "Stupid Farrang" are married to a Prostitute in the UK how many in Thailand.

How many admit to it, Thailand makes instant liars out of normal farrang and Prostitutes as the first thing that is asked is where did you meet and what did she do, the lie starts.

They are worlds apart.

:D:D:D

The broken record is back.

Welcome back, Spook :o

They are worlds apart.

:o:D:D

Is this Erco back ?

:D

Dont like then dont write.

Not worth reading anyway.

Go back and talk about your night out on another forum. He He.

Why don't you go to some other forum, we don't really want your stupid remarks here, Erco why don't you try to act civilized :D

Well, another day, another nick for Erco... Guess he gets up in the morning, takes a dump, registers a nick, then dumps some more here in Thaivisa.com.. Yawn.

Note that it doesn't really have to be that way.. if he could just be a little more reasonable, drop this topic for a while and/or state his opinion a tad more respectful. He may actually get some people to actually take notice of his opinion then. I mean I wouldn't marry an (ex) bargirl either, but I'm not going raving rabid mad about it telling other people off on a daily basis. And I acknowledge that many of my friends have married girls who used to work in bars, and most are very happy together and have been for a long time. So.. 'whatever' I guess. :o I think there are more interesting things to discuss than butting into other people's partner choice.

Cheers,

Chanchao

One of the things I find delightfully refreshing about Thailand and Pattaya where I live is its open-ness, its lack of hypocrisy, at least in the bar girls.

In my short time here, I’ve met bar girls who were sweet, charming and generous, and I’ve met ones that were scheming, conniving thugs. In travelling the world, I’ve met “normal” girls who met both of the above descriptions!

The whole system here is transparent, and I don't just mean their apparel!

You can see what is on offer, you know the terms and conditions, and you know that what they are attempting to do is generate sufficient income to eventually gain financial independence and security for themselves and probably the family they love. The will ask qualifying questions to determine how long you are likely to be around and whether or not you are encumbered. They will then if appropriate take a short or long term view as to how best to meet your needs on the way to accomplishing their higher purpose.

On the other hand, a “normal” girl in any country of the world will have exactly the same agenda. She wants financial independence and security. She may scheme for high school to hook the best prospect, leading them on with all manner of stories (read lies as required) to gain their confidence and commitment. She will often base her quest on real or perceived financial status, family status and general kudos in an attempt to put herself and those she loves (who may or may not have been born yet) in the best position. Many of them historically, having maximised their advantage with one spouse will divorce for profit and commence the process again with another.

In Australia, the definition of a “good housekeeper” is a woman who’s been divorced three times and got to keep the house each time!

So what’s the difference between bar girls and normal girls? Very little other than a willingness to admit their needs and ask you to make an honest, reasonable contribution.

Is this all a generalisation? Of course it is, it can’t be anything else on a forum like this.

Can any individual be judged according to generalisations? Yes, but only by a fool!

Every individual whether considered “normal” or Bar girl has the right to be considered on his/her own merit, and only time spent together in a location conducive to communication will allow that to occur.

It would be tragic if the most hypocritical in Thai society turned out to be farangs on forums.