UK Settlement, replace expired 30 day vignette

The UKVI has updated their advice on how to replace an expired 30 day visa vignette. If the visa expiry is covid related they can be renewed free of charge. i believe this may have been the case for a while.

If your 30 day visa to work, study or join family has expired

If your 30 day visa to travel to the UK for work, study or to join family has expired, or is about to expire, you can request a replacement visa with revised validity dates free of charge until the end of this year. This does not apply to other types of visas.

This process will be in place until the end of 2020.

To request a replacement visa you can either:

• contact the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre
  • arrange to return your passport to your VAC if it has re-opened
  • Contacting the Coronavirus Immigration Help Centre:

You’ll need to include your name, nationality, date of birth and your GWF reference number with ‘REPLACEMENT 30 DAY VISA’ in the subject line. If you’ve already contacted us about this, please let us know in your email.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents?utm_source=d39974ea-647d-4d20-8cf9-babaa1c2f77a&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=daily

Hello, I am not sure if this is the right place but please direct if I am wrong.

I am British and my Thai wife has a 10 year tourist visa with 4 years left which means she can stay for 90 days each visit and before we would go hme for a month each year.

However, although we have lived in Thailand for 20 years together, we may now have to return to live in the UK because of financial issues from the COVID situation.

My wife then will need to stay long term/permanently in the UK. If it is helpful we also have a 17 year old daughter who will be going to school in the UK before we return as she can stay with my parents.

My question is what visa do we apply for now and is it best to start the process here in Thailand or go to the UK first. I would be very concerned if we go there and time ran out though.

Thank you for any useful information you can provide as I am confused.

She'll need to apply for a Settlement Visa, and she do so from here in Thailand, however if she's currently stuck in the UK due to Covid restrictions she could do so from there, but only until the end of next week.

Theres a pinned topic at the top of this Forum, if you have any questions feel free to ask but please open a new thread.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1112226-uk-settlement-visa-overview-updated-july-2019/