Digging a deep and large pond?

We have farmland with 2 ponds (each on is 1 rai) and are buying the neighboring land which has a pond in a similar position. I want to join the three ponds and have a deep (deep as possible - deeper than they are now) giant pond. See screenshot of the satellite map - our land is on the west side and the new land is right next door.

Any idea on if this is possible. If possible, how would it be done? What I was thinking

1). Dig the land out as much as possible without joining the ponds (Excavator?)

2). Dig the ponds as deep as possible (Some sort of Crane?

3). Somehow join the ponds (Excavator again?)

You can see where I plan to put the house. Should be nice looking over the water.

Thanks for your suggestion and comments.

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 7.04.24 PM.jpg

Edited by MisterBKK
Had two identical photos attached...

In our area contractor doing pond for free if can take soil whit them. Let that be contractor problem how manage that.

Normaly pond is about 4 meter deep, you want more deep? Why? Pond water always dirty looking so i don't know how "nice" is going to look. Do you understand that you may have huge moscito army in house after you get so much standing water close bye.

By forming a ramp down in between the ponds an excavator can dig them deeper and then clear out the ramp joining the ponds together. You need to check your area for the maximum depth you can go. I believe you may need a permit to go deeper than 4 metres. 

All of that depends of whether the excavator can work without sinking into the pond base.

Normal practice is they charge by the truckload of dirt moved. Either you pay or someone else. As an idea around us they charge 250 baht per 6 cubic metre load delivered locally. 

Most earth work is done in the month or so before the wet season starts. The market for dirt may well be limited at this time of year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

In our area contractor doing pond for free if can take soil whit them. Let that be contractor problem how manage that.

Normaly pond is about 4 meter deep, you want more deep? Why? Pond water always dirty looking so i don't know how "nice" is going to look. Do you understand that you may have huge moscito army in house after you get so much standing water close bye.

No mosquito because fish eat them

2 hours ago, MisterBKK said:

We have farmland with 2 ponds (each on is 1 rai) and are buying the neighboring land which has a pond in a similar position. I want to join the three ponds and have a deep (deep as possible - deeper than they are now) giant pond. See screenshot of the satellite map - our land is on the west side and the new land is right next door.

Check my thread. 50mx50mx10m pond. Start at the begining.

Edited by khwaibah
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, uncleP said:

No mosquito because fish eat them

Depens what fish you put in. And if you not good take care pond, coming much mosquito. Much algae and plans grown in side of pond you doomed.

1 hour ago, khwaibah said:

Check my thread. 50mx50mx10m pond. Start at the begining.

Thank you for the link to your thread. I read it all. Good job.

How did you find a highway project willing to dig your pond for free? I planned on using some of the dirt to put where the house will go, but there will be much more dirt.

40 minutes ago, MisterBKK said:

Thank you for the link to your thread. I read it all. Good job.

How did you find a highway project willing to dig your pond for free? I planned on using some of the dirt to put where the house will go, but there will be much more dirt.

It was not me but the wife with her friends. The contractor that was used has been in the area for at least 15 years and we have used him before. Being just off the 214 highway which is still doing a major upgrade from 2 lane to 4 lanes divided a serious amount of fill was needed. Many of ponds and canals have been dug. Her pond she took 600 loads at 150 baht a truck. The rest was sold to the government for their projects about 3000 plus loads. By getting her pond she has been able to progress where she is now selling her produce in TOPS market Surin.

• Like 1