Jump to content

Hospital violence: Director suggests "Gold Shop" security to protect staff - female doctor resigns after attack


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hospital violence: Director suggests "Gold Shop" security to protect staff - female doctor resigns after attack
 
6pm.jpg
 
A hospital director has suggested that he may need to upgrade security to that used by gold shops to protect his staff.
 
Dr Chuphan Charnsamorn wants to see a "Panic Button" installed at Vibharam -Chai Prakan hospital so that the police are quickly on the scene to deal with troublemakers. 
 
Violence erupted earlier in the week at two hospitals in the Samut Prakan area. Two gangs were fighting after one of their number died.
 
Dr Chuphan said that a doctor and team had given CPR to the victim for 50 minutes and gave him excellent care before he succumbed. 
 
For her trouble a female doctor was smashed in the face during a melee. 
 
She has decided to resign amid fears of gang reprisals. Dr Chuphan said she had been offered an alternative position at one of the group's many other hospitals.
 
Other medical staff at the hospital have asked for time off after the fighting shattered morale. 
 
Now after several other similar problems with gangs the director feels it is time to upgrade security to that of a gold shop.
 
Source: Daily News
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, webfact said:
She has decided to resign amid fears of gang reprisals.

That's worrying; it means these guys are acting with impunity outside of the law; reminds me a bit of the Colin Gunn thing in Nottingham; yeah, this kind of gang power thing ain't confined to Thailand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume hospital has prayer room(s). Perhaps they should add "rumble rooms" so gangs can have a "safe space" for mayhem

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Now after several other similar problems with gangs the director feels it is time to upgrade security to that of a gold shop.

Or get the local BiB to do their job and break up these gangs, I'm sure they know who they all are!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Or get the local BiB to do their job and break up these gangs, I'm sure they know who they all are!

With an estimated 230,000 Police Officers in Thailand, there must be many just sitting around being severely under employed.

Get a couple of them with Assault Rifles ( And Training ) into every Hospital in the Country, and stop this Thuggish violence from these Retards against hard working and dedicated Hospital Staff.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

With an estimated 230,000 Police Officers in Thailand, there must be many just sitting around being severely under employed.

Get a couple of them with Assault Rifles ( And Training ) into every Hospital in the Country, and stop this Thuggish violence from these Retards against hard working and dedicated Hospital Staff.

You sound exactly like Trump now 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, rasmus5150 said:

You sound exactly like Trump now 😉

Well done, you managed to get the Trump mention in on the first page , quite disappointing that it took so long though, six hours !!!!!!!!

   I was a bit concerned that this  thread wouldnt get a Trump mention, so well done for saving the day

Link to post
Share on other sites

They do not need any guards. It´s a hospital for crying out loud! The only thing they need is to amend the law and enforce the new amendment.

Let´s say 3 years in jail for all the people involved and 5 years for the instigators. A thing like that would send a clear message.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...