Thailand road carnage: Pick-up carrying two tons of iron suffers "brake failure"

webfact

Toyota factory specs: Max payload capacity goes between 820 and 1.060kg, depending on the version you pick.

So, we're basically talking "half ton" pick ups. Slap on a half dozen helper springs, maybe some heavy duty shocks, and one might be able to carry 2 tons without rubbing the tires.

However, there is no way the brake system is able to handle the load - definitely an accident waiting to happen. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

but it won't happen to me he said  showing his anti brake failure charm to the reporter .. 

IMG_20200724_093427.jpg

Nice looking caliper excellent contrast to my alloy wheels and my cross drilled ventilated rotor look so cool. It’s a pity my Dot 3 brake fluid which has done 150,000kms and my cardboard brake pads just don’t work when I overload my Ute.

No point in every 'expert' on the board quoting the max load for a pick-up.  In Thailand the max load for any vehicle is slightly more than can possibly be loaded on the vehicle.  Do not add extra weight by lashing the load down.  Many Thai drivers would also day that brakes working too well might cause the vehicle to skid, so better they do not work too well.

"Nothing ever pulls out from side sois along this road" so why bother with 'dangerous' brakes.

TIT.  Thailand is secretly proud of having the most dangerous roads in the world.  Must keep up this reputation.