PEA - Claim?

CGW

This evening I thought I was being shot at while watching the "box'! It was fuses blowing!! all I can surmise is there was a power surge, turned of main breakers, in the meantime PEA shut down power.

Power was restored after a couple of hours, BUT - three AC (Inverter) no longer work, 2 socket circuits no longer work, android box fried, lights/bulbs blown, I'm sure there will be other things that were damaged, obviously I have a legitimate claim, but is it feasible?

Anyone any experience of claiming from PEA, they are obviously going to be in denial!

Theres a first for everything this was an interesting experience & costly!

no way in bell they would pay.  it would be your responsibility to protect sensitive electronics.  The newer inverters addressed the surge/spike problem.  the dipshiites still don't ground them, though, which causes other issues.  Did you try a reset...holding the button in for three seconds resets mine.

I agree with @Metropolitian talk to the neighbours and get a group together possibly with the village puyai baan. There are reports of successful claims (not many).

Does your house insurance cover electrical events?

Too late for our OP now, but installing an over / under switch which kills the power if the supply becomes too high or too low is a wise investment and not excessively costly.

7 hours ago, CGW said:

I'm sure there will be other things that were damaged, obviously I have a legitimate claim,

I’m sure that unless there are a lot of people near you who also had the same problem that you have no legitimate claim that you have any chance of proving. 

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I’m sure that unless there are a lot of people near you who also had the same problem that you have no legitimate claim that you have any chance of proving. 

All near me were affected, only have three neighbours, they are going to PEA tomorrow en masse!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CGW said:

All near me were affected, only have three neighbours, they are going to PEA tomorrow en masse!

Yah, you might want to wait till Monday.  Did you mean "we" instead of "they"?  Certainly you and/or your partner will want to join along with your list and photos.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bankruatsteve said:

Yah, you might want to wait till Monday.  Did you mean "we" instead of "they"?  Certainly you and/or your partner will want to join along with your list and photos.

Yes, I meant Monday, been a hell of a week, we had a dog dying at the same time as this was going on, had been a family pet for 15 years, his running mate we only buried three days ago, so excuse my "we" "they" whatever, I'm prioritising at this time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear about your best friend.

It's never good to lose a dog, but two in a few days ... ????

Our two chi's are only 4 years so they should have a good few years yet, but one never knows. Particularly as they really don't realise how big they are not.

27 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Sorry to hear about your best friend.

Thanks, appreciated they had a good 15+ years with us ????

The youngest went quickly a few days ago, the "oldest" fought for three days, the last thing I needed was a further 'challenge" that this became!

There ok now, together again, passed onto who knows what!

Getting power fixed isn't so challenging as that episode was.

My neighbours are an eccentric bunch, former headman, a "HiSo" widow and a young engineer, along with my wife sure they will do the best they can on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...