Europe's top 6 vs the US-numbers

steelepulse

So it seems in total numbers, Europe's top 6 and the US are running the same.

USA and these countries have roughly the same population 330 mil vs 336 mil

USA has tested 60 million, while the top 6 European countries are in the 40 million range

Total deaths approximately 160K each.

Numbers below rounded, but you get the point.

Uk 46K
Italy 35K
France 30K
Spain 29K
Belgium 10K
Germany 9K

Total  159K

• Like 2

Of course we're dragged down by the UK's terrible numbers with their extremely high obesity rate.

Thank God Germany is posting good numbers or the Americans would beat us hands down.

Go EU! Go EU! Go EU!

But why only take the worst performing EU states plus Germany? Why not put Austria, Norway, or Finland instead of Belgium?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Land size USA 9834000 square meter and total this 6 coundry's 2081000 square meter! So where they live more close to eatch other?! Where is more hard to conduct social distansing! And people like in Italy, they live all in same house gran mom, her kid's, gran kids..... 

Yes of course have big city's! Have every where! 

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Promote the general Welfare , hmm maybe Potus need read that txt again!

Edited by 2 is 1

5 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Land size USA 9834000 square meter and total this 6 coundry's 2081000 square meter! So where they live more close to eatch other?! Where is more hard to conduct social distansing! And people like in Italy, they live all in same house gran mom, her kid's, gran kids..... 

Yes of course have big city's! Have every where! 

Good point. But then Americans are like twice as obese as Europeans, so maybe that evens it out.

9 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Good point. But then Americans are like twice as obese as Europeans, so maybe that evens it out.

They should ban Mcdonalds, Taco Bell, Subway, Chick-Fil-A.... And not give Coca Cola to nobody lol

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Of course we're dragged down by the UK's terrible numbers with their extremely high obesity rate.

Thank God Germany is posting good numbers or the Americans would beat us hands down.

Go EU! Go EU! Go EU!

But why only take the worst performing EU states plus Germany? Why not put Austria, Norway, or Finland instead of Belgium?

I took the top 6 as all the posters that keep slagging off the USA say the US response is the worst by far.  Well according to the numbers, the US lines up perfectly with the EU's top 6.  

I also don't think that population density really plays a part.  Look at the population density of Alaska, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, the Dakotas etc.  No one lives in those huge states.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

I took the top 6 as all the posters that keep slagging off the USA say the US response is the worst by far.  Well according to the numbers, the US lines up perfectly with the EU's top 6.  

I also don't think that population density really plays a part.  Look at the population density of Alaska, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, the Dakotas etc.  No one lives in those huge states.

It's' a fair and interesting point.

I suppose it's just people like to froth at the mouth about Donald Trump, as they feel it's one occasion when they can open their mouths and be sure to get encouragement from an even greater number of Trump haters.

That's why the US is getting such bad press I suspect.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think you're missing the point when comparing of the US v Europe and commenting that people are "slagging off the USA say the US response is the worst by far". Europe's infection rate is largely under control. In the US this is not the case. So yes, measured by where we are with rates of infection and deaths, the response of the US has been less effective than Europe's.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stocky said:

I think you're missing the point when comparing of the US v Europe and commenting that people are "slagging off the USA say the US response is the worst by far". Europe's infection rate is largely under control. In the US this is not the case. So yes, measured by where we are with rates of infection and deaths, the response of the US has been less effective than Europe's.

Au contraire.  Europe is going up again. I love how now the new rallying point is number of infections.............Keep the scare and fear coming even though the death rate has fallen substantially.

1 minute ago, steelepulse said:

I love how now the new rallying point is number of infections

Infection rate is the leading indicator, if infections are rising then you can be sure a rise in deaths will follow. Yes Europe is seeing a rise in infections, but no where near the scale seen in the US.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Au contraire.  Europe is going up again. I love how now the new rallying point is number of infections.............Keep the scare and fear coming even though the death rate has fallen substantially.

I don't think Germany is going up. It seems to be well and truly under control there.

Cases in germany.png

Edited by Logosone