Four-year-old girl, mother have narrow escape in double crash

webfact

Four-year-old girl, mother have narrow escape in double crash

By THE NATION

800_f1296e79ecb6b57.jpg?v=1596602576

A child escaped death after she was thrown from her mother’s car, which first crashed into a truck trailer and then at the side of the road near Bang Poo industrial estate in Samut Prakan province yesterday (August 4).

Police found the woman, named Banchuen, 39, and her daughter, aged 4, injured when they arrived at the accident scene. The two were given first aid before being sent to hospital.

According to truck driver Surasak Kowmanee, 42, Banchuen’s car crashed into his vehicle when he decided to turn his trailer into the industrial estate. The car then continued moving and crashed again by the side of the road.

Surasak jumped out of his trailer and raced to the car. He saw a worried Banchuen calling out for her daughter, who had been thrown out of the car window. Surasak searched for the girl and found her injured nearby.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392471

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-05

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

seat belts!!!!! It makes me both sad and angry at the Thai parents' lack of regard for their kids safety by not using seat belts.

A seat belt. On a 4 year old???

I'm hope a 4 year old is never in your duty of care!

They should be a child safety seat.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

she was thrown from her mother’s car,

Good  restraint system in use then, thanks  Mum I  know you  love me.

Having just driven Hua  Hin to  BKK  I can safely say the drivers are  getting worse and worse, they particularly  like swerving in and out  with no signals.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bodga said:

Good  restraint system in use then, thanks  Mum I  know you  love me.

Having just driven Hua  Hin to  BKK  I can safely say the drivers are  getting worse and worse, they particularly  like swerving in and out  with no signals.

In their mind they're playing a road race video game.

• Like 1

Not sure if standard fitted seat belts would have done anything for a 4 year old... even if worn in a hard impact she could have been thrown out.

At that age a child seat arrangement would have been a preferred choice, but to be honest in all the years of living here I have never seen a child seat fitted in a car!

13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

They have absolutely no interest in their kids safety. How many let them drive motorcycles underage, no license, no skills, no strength to properly control the bike, no road sense. And then show up in tears as their offspring's body is loaded into the back of a pickup. They just have no interest and prefer to play Russian roulette with their life. It's deeply ingrained into the culture and so you see it every day.

Tell us how you really feel.

6 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

A seat belt. On a 4 year old???

I'm hope a 4 year old is never in your duty of care!

They should be a child safety seat.

Seat belt is better than nothing at all don't split hairs