Mystique

Shoeboat

yeap closed down. Neighbors complainign were the exact reason it closed. It is such a shame to see one of the best clubs in bangkok been shut down like that..always did love it there!

neighbors complaints were a large part of it, but they built approximately 5m from the university and swu demonstration school campus, a big no no. ultimately that killed them.

I was not aware that the tunnel is the same crew, but i do know that daryl and seb are still threatening to open superfly, it is just taking time.

mystique also had the big problem that when miss universe contest was here, there was supposed to be an official party hosted by sports and tourism ministry at narcissus or something, but mystique threw a party too and many ofthe beauties went there. govt got pissed off nad that made trouble for them.

Surprised those guys are even considering yet another club with the money they must have lost with Mystique

Lost? It was a very popular club in bangkok. Must have done so well for ages!

Yeah, I would have assumed they lost money. How long was the club open for? Maybe around 1.5 years. The amount of money to build and furnish a club like that would have been huge, plus the monthly tea money. A tall order to make all that back in 1.5 years I think. Also if a great club like that fails so quickly after such an investment, and MOS sound failed in a similarly short space of time they should think VERY carefully about trying a new superclub in the Sukhumvit area. Don't want to put them off though....Bed and Qbar need some new upper class competition with a door policy!

Don't want to put them off though....Bed and Qbar need some new upper class competition with a door policy!

They have alot of competition already. I my eyes bed is a mediumclass place. Have you ever been to Song salung? Las time I was there the princess was there. Song salung is the favorite place for the rich and famous. Dont bother if you are above 40 or a "bad dresser".

Other competitors in the midrange: Syn bar, Sunset, Astra, Flix, Slim, Route, Prop bar, Ashley´s rumour, Santika, Cliq, Escobar, Escudo, Idus, Nang len,to die for, and MANY MANY more...

Other competitors in the midrange: Syn bar, Sunset, Astra, Flix, Slim, Route, Prop bar, Ashley´s rumour, Santika, Cliq, Escobar, Escudo, Idus, Nang len,to die for, and MANY MANY more...

Astra closed a couple of months back. The crew from there are involved in a new club called 'Club Culture' opposite Siam City Hotel on Sri Ayuttyha Rd. Same sort of concept.

They have alot of competition already. I my eyes bed is a mediumclass place. Have you ever been to Song salung? Las time I was there the princess was there. Song salung is the favorite place for the rich and famous. Dont bother if you are above 40 or a "bad dresser".

Completely different clientele. The only mid/high class clubs catering for westerners and international Thais with western music is really Met Bar, Qbar and Bed - at least, they are the only ones popular enough to be decently busy every night. Song Saleung is a typical crowded Thai pub with live band, dancing at the tables, just like Booze but smaller. It may attract wealthy students but then so does Ice Bar, Jet, Escudo and almost anywhere on Thonglor. I don't think Bed will think they're losing out customers to these places. The good thing about them is that bargirls and massage girls (although there are probably some) will feel completely out of place in this Thai circle. Santika is a step down...plenty of dodgies in there. Syn, Hu'u, Koi and other hotel bars are good for chilling out at weekends or pre-club drinks, but they're never busy enough to be compared to Bed or Qbar. Met bar is still the only one I know of with an actual members policy which is enforced.

I agree that Santika is more of a riff raff place. But I can asure you that there are no dancing on tables in song salung. I went there every Saturday and most fridays during six months. No dancing on the tables there. In my opinion is Booze a poor venue for thaistudents. And qbar have their fair share of freelancers (just like Hollywood). Bed simply is not that exiting, too much bad dressing tourists and the hype of the place is extreme. Somehow I feel that most people go to Bed just to have been there becuse "it is so right". Bed was good a few years back. I didnt mention the hotelbars because I have never seen one that been really busy so the competition is not that great in that aspect.

Met have membership policy? I always belived that Met is the bar in Metropolitan hotel. Am I wrong?

I agree that Santika is more of a riff raff place. But I can asure you that there are no dancing on tables in song salung. I went there every Saturday and most fridays during six months. No dancing on the tables there. In my opinion is Booze a poor venue for thaistudents. And qbar have their fair share of freelancers (just like Hollywood). Bed simply is not that exiting, too much bad dressing tourists and the hype of the place is extreme. Somehow I feel that most people go to Bed just to have been there becuse "it is so right". Bed was good a few years back. I didnt mention the hotelbars because I have never seen one that been really busy so the competition is not that great in that aspect.

Met have membership policy? I always belived that Met is the bar in Metropolitan hotel. Am I wrong?

Ok, when I first went to Song Saleung (when Booze first opened) it was a similar set-up....high tables with groups, bottle of whisky and dancing at the table (no central dancefloor) and too packed to move. You're right, Bed used to be good...now it's starting to look scruffy and worn, doesn't care about dress or door policy and lets in hoards of freelancers and ladyboys. However with the right DJ it can still provide a great night out, now usually in the "chill out" room instead of the main room. 87 at the Conrad was the same...tried to start-off hi-so (which is did) and lasted about 2 months, and then went downhill fast and is now another Spasso with dressed-up freelancers at the bar looking for rich older businessmen staying at the hotel.

Met is at the Metropolitan hotel yes, not a huge club but still a good one. Need a members card to get in on weekends (not busy on weekdays), and a member can bring in 3 guests.