Help needed with QIP.RU browser virus

OneeyedJohn

I get this popping up on every page I view in Chrome.

I have tried using Reimage but it only wants $$$ at the end, and Malwarebytes fails to install for some unknown reason, after causing several reloads.

I have run out of ideas, I tried a system restore but could not load any browser afterwards so I had to revert .

Untitled.png.ebda09c9967a7c505c45bbb797743e32.png

The information on this link is from 2018 but may still be useful. The fact that your computer isn't allowing you to install antimalwarebytes may be included with this. Have you tried starting in safe mode (with networking) and installing from there?

Anyway, good luck................

https://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/12900-qip-ru-redirect#:~:text=Chrome menu icon-,(at the top right corner of Google Chrome)%2C select,select "Remove from list". 

Have the RAM and SSD not yet arrived?? Did you order them from China?? Should have taken a couple of days if ordering domestically. 

No need to have to deal with the removal of Browser Hijackers if you will run a clean install to SSD anyway.

1. Built-in cleaning solutions of Chrome
    Chrome offers some solutions to find malware and cleanup Chrome from within the settings of Chrome.
    1. go to the settings of Chrome by copying and pasting “chrome://settings/cleanup” into the address bar of Chrome and hitting [enter]
    2. scroll to the bottom of the settings page you just opened to find the menu “Reset and clean up”
    3. follow both options listed there
  2. Scan your device for malware
    Install either of these two free antivirus programs and run a scan:
    1. Malwarebytes Anti Malware
    2. AdwCleaner
  3. Remove unwanted extensions
    Copy and paste "chrome://extensions" into the address bar of Chrome and remove all unwanted extensions.
  4. Find malware installed on your device
    remove all unwanted programs on the list of all programs on your computer. For Windows open the "Control Panel" and go to "Programs and Features" or just type “add or remove programs” in your start menu.

RAM and SSD, I only ordered a CPU from W-Win in Shenzhen in China via Ali-Express, they promised 13 - 22 days. When I track my order it is moving, albeit slowly, and I think it is with the airline now, so probably another 7 days at least.

Just out of interest I must ask when I ordered this CPU FX-4300 ( I've forgotten already ) there was an original price of 2954 baht, but that was quite a few years ago, I only paid roughly 700 baht, so is what I am getting secondhand and as such pretty useless.

I was astonished at how many of them were available on Ali-Express and Lazada, which made me dubious as to their authenticity, and why I didn't go for the more expensive FX-6300 in case I was buying a dupe.

Edited by OneeyedJohn

3 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

RAM and SSD, I only ordered a CPU from W-Win in Shenzhen in China via Ali-Express, they promised 13 - 22 days. When I track my order it is moving, albeit slowly, and I think it is with the airline now, so probably another 7 days at least.

Just out of interest I must ask when I ordered this CPU FX-4300 ( I've forgotten already ) there was an original price of 2954 baht, but that was quite a few years ago, I only paid roughly 700 baht, so is what I am getting secondhand and as such pretty useless.

I was astonished at how many of them were available on Ali-Express and Lazada, which made me dubious as to their authenticity, and why I didn't go for the more expensive FX-6300 in case I was buying a dupe.

Second hand is not an issue. I put a second hand AMD CPU in this laptop. Cost 240 via eBay.

I would have definitely chosen domestic over China; https://www.ihavecpu.com/product/233/am3-amd-fx-4300-turbo-4-0ghz-4c-4t