Knightsbridge Place - Financial Advisor

Anyone invested or heard of this company ?

I've had a couple of cold calls recently including this morning. I do like to tease them a bit with no intention of letting them get their grubby hands on my hard earned.

This one was asking about my pension and stated a FA could achieve more income than my pension provider ( he knows nothing about my pension, company, type of pension, pot size etc), so I asked how he could take my 'pot' and achieve the same as my pension provider or more. He said they would aim at achieving 7-12% ! I laughed and said guaranteed? He said cannot guarantee so I replied so you will make less than my pension provider then. Anyway I got bored of the debate, these are just salesmen trying to make an appointment with an actual FA so I asked where he got my details from. He replied BahtSold website ! So they are trawling classified ad sites to garner names and numbers, classy company !!

18 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

There should be a public register of Financial Advisors, so we can avoid them.

I believe there is, but I didn't ask for the FA's name. The guy who rang me did previously work for De Vere but he left as he didn't think they were ethical !

• Thanks 1

I know that the first thing an IFA must ask is 'Have you used your ISA allowance?'

You can put up to £20k per year in. My Nationwide ISA is paying 0.01%, yes 0.01%. But that interest is TAXFREE. So you do not pay UK tax on TWO QUID interest!

I was stung very badly by an unscrupulous IFA based in Pattaya. Lost me tens of thousands of pounds. 

Edited by stouricks
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

I know that the first thing an IFA must ask is 'Have you used your ISA allowance?'

You can put up to £20k per year in. My Nationwide ISA is paying 0.01%, yes 0.01%. But that interest is TAXFREE. So you do not pay UK tax on TWO QUID interest!

I was stung very badly by an unscrupulous IFA based in Pattaya. Lost me tens of thousands of pounds. 

I was not aware a non uk resident could have a ISA in the uk ?

i could be wrong ?

Edited by quake

• 5 months later...

Received one of these calls today from a male with a British accent asking about foreign pensions and such. When I asked how he got my personal contact info, he said maybe I posted my phone number online. I then replied, with my real name and non-work contact, I think not.  I asked to be removed from their list,  he came back with more questions. I advised if they call back, I will call the police and report fraud.