Man killed by coconut tree

snoop1130

Man killed by coconut tree

By The Phuket News

1596708623_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers recover the body of Eakkapong Lonsiew, 37, originally from Sakon Nakhon, from the roadside grove. Photo: Sakoo OrBorTor rescue

PHUKET:-- A 37-year-old man died of severe head injuries yesterday (Aug 5) after a coconut tree he was hired to help cut down fell on him.

The incident occurred in a roadside gully near Banana Beach, along the coastal road from Surin to Nai Thon (Route 4018), explained Lt Phatsawat Wongwassana of the Cherng Talay Police.

Officers were called to the scene at 3:30pm, Lt Phatsawat noted.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-killed-by-coconut-tree-76921.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-08-06

Sad and may he RIP.  Growing up used to fall trees quite a bit, dangerous work if you don't know and watch what your doing.  Seen several folks killed, trees fell on vehicles and houses.  Saw a tourist in St Thomas VI enter a coconut grove with warning signs not to enter and got sent to a hospital from a coconut falling on his head.  

1 hour ago, Saraburi121 said:

Sad and may he RIP.  Growing up used to fall trees quite a bit, dangerous work if you don't know and watch what your doing.  Seen several folks killed, trees fell on vehicles and houses.  Saw a tourist in St Thomas VI enter a coconut grove with warning signs not to enter and got sent to a hospital from a coconut falling on his head.  

of course .... you look up the tree and see which way it may fall .... you then cut a chock out ......  and then cut from the back higher.  I think this guy was not experienced.

I cut railway sleepers for years .... you learn how to do it ... snigging logs.

• Like 1

I haven't a clue what happened. 

But I sure hope they investigate beyond asking the family if they accept the accidental nature of the tragedy.  Wouldn't be the first time a murder has been covered up and made to look like an accident.