Swimming Pools

vickersvc10

Hmmm, same would be nice for Bkk ratchaa area.

And speaking of pools....anyone here or know of someone with pool building experience/engineering in Bkk that would be able to oversee a pool build....Thai person best.

Nice little cash earn for a months work !

Edited by Nawtilus

• 1 month later...

The one on Mike's rooftop is nice, but not really suitable for doing laps. Is there anywhere a pool for serious swimming.

I ask that for a friend of mine....don't worry...I'm ok.... :o

• 2 weeks later...
The one on Mike's rooftop is nice, but not really suitable for doing laps. Is there anywhere a pool for serious swimming.

I ask that for a friend of mine....don't worry...I'm ok.... :o

There's a great lap pool at Thai Garden Resort on Pattaya Nua (North) Road. It's quite a secret as it seems no one knows about it. Even the security guard stopped me once when I was walking over to the pool one night to swim because he didn't know that the public were allowed to use it for 100 baht.

It's covered (sun shade), so it stays pleasantly cool and a good temperature for lap swimming. It's exactly 25 metres in length, but narrow with only 2 full lanes. I used to go there late at night and was always the only one in there, but I haven't been there for over a year as I now have a 30 m pool to lap at home.

Here's a map showing where it is. You go up to the reception desk and pay them 100 baht. It's actually behind the Moon River Pub.

post-34982-1181161380_thumb.jpg

Edited by tropo

I have heard that some pools in wealthy Gulf States actually pump in refrigerated cool water into their pools, cause they are too damm hot. Seems very wasteful to me... How much cooler do you think the water can be? Maybe a little, but not much... why don't you just try covering/enclosing a pool to keep the sun off it, or do your swimming in the evening/early morning?

I have heard that some pools in wealthy Gulf States actually pump in refrigerated cool water into their pools, cause they are too damm hot. Seems very wasteful to me... How much cooler do you think the water can be? Maybe a little, but not much... why don't you just try covering/enclosing a pool to keep the sun off it, or do your swimming in the evening/early morning?

Trust me on this one, the water at the Thai Garden lap pool is considerably cooler than a pool out in the direct sunlight. A few degrees makes all the difference if one wishes to swim a kilometer or two. It's very easy to overheat when you lap. Competition pools need to be kept in the range of 25 - 28 °C

Competition pools need to be kept in the range of 25 - 28 °C

lower water temperatures have also an adversive effect on bacteria growth. However, you must be aware that users of competition pools tend to swim in speedos, which is considered dresscode-wise a no-no by some board members.