2nd Hand Book Shops In Pattaya

Disting

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all.

Does anyone know where there are 2nd had bookshops in Pattaya with a decent selection. I have been to the one on post office soi but not much in there.

Thanks

Hi Buddy,

i usually go to swan bookshop, soi bhaokow ( across fron the entance of soi metro) lots of quiet bars as well to enjoy ur new reading material :o

Another one by the dolphin roundabout... L&K second hand books I think it is called.

Are you sure about that? There used to be a book shop on the floor (no actual shop) of the mall on the southeast corner of 2nd road and Pattaya North. It isn't there anymore.

Another one by the dolphin roundabout... L&K second hand books I think it is called.

Are you sure about that? There used to be a book shop on the floor (no actual shop) of the mall on the southeast corner of 2nd road and Pattaya North. It isn't there anymore.

The shop he is talking about was there about 2 weeks ago and is an actual shop, and pretty good for Pattaya.

The shop he is talking about was there about 2 weeks ago and is an actual shop, and pretty good for Pattaya.

Great. Where is it exactly?

Right before you get to the Dolphin roundabout, there is a shopping center on the right corner with a sign for the book shop, or stop at the roundabout and walk towards the bus station to Bangkok. It is maybe 70 meters up on the right side of the road and there is another sign in front of the shop.

I would recommend Thais4life on Soi yensabai www.thais4life.com

It's a charity bookshop with a good selection. 80Baht for first time, take it back and exchange it for another one at 40 baht a time.

This is a good cause, but the selection is really not very good. I suggest people help out and DONATE some of their good books there.

Canterbury Tales has a used book shop on Soi Chaiyapoon, just off Soi Bhuakow.

H2212.JPG

I don't recall the exact pricing arrangement, but Dave gives you credit back for books you bring back for another. I think he buys books sometimes as well but you had best talk to the man himself about that.

No I don't have any interest in the place, I just like his food.

H2214.JPG

~WISteve

Canterbury Tales has a used book shop on Soi Chaiyapoon, just off Soi Bhuakow.

It's not up to much in my opinion unless you happen to be in the neighborhood and luck into one or two decent books.

The one above Tops has the best selection in Pattaya and then probably their other branch on Soi Bhuakow and the shop near Dolphin turn-around is OK too.

Pattaya Beach Books on top floor of Tops building at 2nd Road and Pattaya Klang.

Absolutely the best around ......and all books are categorised by author. Return them and they pay you 50% of what you paid for them.

Actually they're not on the top floor. That floor is bowling only, try the one under.

Pattaya Beach Books on top floor of Tops building at 2nd Road and Pattaya Klang.

Absolutely the best around ......and all books are categorised by author. Return them and they pay you 50% of what you paid for them.

Actually they're not on the top floor. That floor is bowling only, try the one under.

Yep, one up from the supermarket level.

BTW, there is also a decent shop in the Jomtien Complex Condos called Book Lovers, ground floor. Also offers 50 percent credit on returns. It is a hot shop though, lots of windows.

• 2 months later...
Soi Buakheow - What about Jeremy's Books? Or has it changed it's name to one of the others recommended here? I never look at shop signs - just go next door from Crazy Dave's and pick up a book if I see anything I like.

Thats now called Canterbury tales....

Hi all.

Does anyone know where there are 2nd had bookshops in Pattaya with a decent selection. I have been to the one on post office soi but not much in there.

Thanks

Hi Buddy,

i usually go to swan bookshop, soi bhaokow ( across fron the entance of soi metro) lots of quiet bars as well to enjoy ur new reading material :o

I have found Swan books a good selection of books. For those who want languages other than English they seem to have a good selection. Returns are credited at 50% of purchase, they will buy but I am not sure at what rate.

Swan Books

210/6 Soi Buakhao

According to the stamp in the front of the book.

Edit for clarity.

Edited by Chang_paarp

Whats the best place to sell books to? I have a load of pretty decent books that I am looking to sell. I am not really interested in credit as I am trying to reduce my possessions (and increase my cash)

Most of them were bought at bookazine and read once...

cheers,

From my experience, most bookshops in Pattaya and Bangkok pay very little or only want to give credit for buying books. Gecko Books pays in cash and VERY well for newer, popular fiction or good non-fiction, however, Chiang Mai might be too far to travel to sell your books! :o

Pattaya Beach Books original shop is actually on the 2nd Floor (if you're American or Thai, 1st if you're British) of Tops building.

Their other, newer shop is on Soi Buakao - as you're going along Soi Buakao from the intersection of Soi Buakao and Soi Diana towards Pattaya Tai, it's on the left side just after a sharp bend in a row of brand new shophouses.

Both shops are very easy places to browse as the books are categorised much as a Western book shop might be. The owner is a Brit who knows his stock too.

From my experience, most bookshops in Pattaya and Bangkok pay very little or only want to give credit for buying books. Gecko Books pays in cash and VERY well for newer, popular fiction or good non-fiction, however, Chiang Mai might be too far to travel to sell your books! :o

Thanks,

Its a bit of a trek, but good to know as we might go up there again before leaving.

swan has the shop up for sale - poor value

jeremys [cum canterbury] -had rude shopgirl last time was in, loads of pulp fiction

there is another on 2nd road in the gay area - not very good

a NEW book shop just opened - looks pathetic on soi diana near diana inn

there is another PBB on soi bukhao near the bend - 2 flrs

you do have to think about this ... if the owners did not charge you something and allowed exchanges, even poor ones. and ... bought books even at cheap prices they could not possibly stay open. not a library at some point they need MONEE

Edited by theseveredhead