“Friends & Family” Mobile Plan?

Brightly

Hi all,

My bestie and I spend a lot of time talking locally by phone - and our exorbitant bills reflect it!

My question:

Does any mobile provider allow free calls between folks on the same phone plan?

A friend who’s on Dtac and says she and her son (also Dtac) call each other for free.  However, I don’t see this as an option on any of their current plans.

Does anyone use a phone plan that offers free calling to other same-plan users? 

Thanks in advance!

RichCor,

I have tried using an internet based calling system.  However, the voice quality isn’t quite as good, and my friend is slightly hard of hearing.  She says it’s hard to hear me online.  Hence, the phone plan query.

OK. While Internet calls can sometimes experience broken audio or video, these can generally be fixed by using Internet voice/video calling apps that have locally based servers. I use LINE constantly and rarely encounter issues, and that and my google Voice and private VoIP business calling software offer better voice quality and loudness that I can get using standard carrier voice calling.

If you are bound and determined to use carrier voice calling plans, take a look at the following carrier plan webpage descriptions:

DTAC Voice

AIS Prepaid (see the menu strip midpage and select "CALL ADD-ON PACKAGES", then look at the package options within: [Calls to all network by minute], [‘Buffet’ calls within AIS network], [‘Buffet’ calls to all networks], [Special discount on calls]    yes, it's complicated.

TrueMove Supplementary packages

On 8/7/2020 at 11:39 PM, Brightly said:

RichCor,

I have tried using an internet based calling system.  However, the voice quality isn’t quite as good, and my friend is slightly hard of hearing.  She says it’s hard to hear me online.  Hence, the phone plan query.

Download the LINE APP. I use it worldwide and the voice quality is perfect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dart12 said:

1398 for entire year plus unlimited internet at 10mbp .  believe it also includes unlimited dtac to dtac free calls.

Really important to read the description as these packages typically...

free calls to DTAC 15 minutes/time, excess 0.99 baht/minute

19 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

is that 24 hours a day? 555

That was the way I'd read it too before I examined it more closely.

The short descriptions the carriers use in their marketing material is usually expected to be confusing. Sometimes the 'actual' usage is detailed in the small print or in the Terms and Conditions. 

The TrueMove special package calling is limited to the stated time window within a 24 hour day. Special package call duration are typically limited to 60 minutes per call, additional minute overage charge at .75 bahts/minute.

On 8/12/2020 at 6:26 AM, Jeffrey346 said:

Download the LINE APP. I use it worldwide and the voice quality is perfect.

LINE keeps me touch with people around the world and being able to send pix, video , voice nessages and live video calling is tremendous. It has two way encryption as well. It's all free and can be simultaneously installed on phone and desktop/laptop computer and you can switch between them on the same call. I do sometimes have trouble with connections but it's rare and I just call again. I have never had any problem with noise or call volume. 

• Like 1

I recently got True's cheapest single user internet SIM for 300฿/month. It includes unlimited internet (throttled speed after 2gb) and unlimited telephone time within the True network in Thailand. Calls to other networks cost 1 thb/min.