medicine to treat symptoms of overactive bladder

ezzra

Looking to source either oxybutynin chloride or Solifenacin succinate to treat symptoms of overactive bladder, such as frequent or urgent urination, incontinence (urine leakage), and increased nighttime urination, most likely to be a generic indian pharmaceuticals that comes in dozens of commercial names, should any one can recommend where to buy it will be a great help...

BritMan is correct. This is far morel ikley to be the result of partial blockage from an enlarged prostate than it is overactive bladder and medications such as you mention will not help and may cause harm.

You may also have an infection, as is nto unusual when there is partial blockage causing the bladder toi retain urine/not empty fully.

You need to see a good urologist. Where in Thailand do you live?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

BritMan is correct. This is far morel ikley to be the result of partial blockage from an enlarged prostate than it is overactive bladder and medications such as you mention will not help and may cause harm.

You may also have an infection, as is nto unusual when there is partial blockage causing the bladder toi retain urine/not empty fully.

You need to see a good urologist. Where in Thailand do you live?

I don't doubt that i have some form of enlarged prostate gland like hundreds of millions men around the globe which i will check, but i like to go the route of the overactive bladder that is also a very common issue with elderly men that can be treated with the appropriate type of medicine and if this will not work i will know where i'm...

7 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I don't doubt that i have some form of enlarged prostate gland like hundreds of millions men around the globe which i will check, but i like to go the route of the overactive bladder that is also a very common issue with elderly men that can be treated with the appropriate type of medicine and if this will not work i will know where i'm...

As explained treating for overactive bladder will likely make this worse, it is not appropriate for men with enlarged prostate

• Like 1

There's a whole bunch of pharmacies near Siriraj hospital.

Try 171 ถนน วังหลัง.

I have bought it many times from here.  It's cheap as well under 1000 bhat.

Diutropan1.png?itok=SyY8kR9V

Edited by johnray

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Let me explain in more detail.

If you have an enlarged prostate it will block you from urinating.

So your bladder is always full, and you will often feel the need to urinate.

Because your bladder is always full, there is nowhere for the urine to go, so it will seep out.

Eventually your kidneys will stop producing urine because of back pressure.

The medicine you suggested will make the blockage worse, and hasten your kidneys stopping work.

You really do need to be diagnosed by a doctor that can tell the difference between prostate problems, and bladder problems.

Government hospital will only charge you 50bht for this diagnosis, although you many need to wait all morning.

If they want to put a catheter in, to immediately relieve the problem, that's only another 150bht.

Let the doctor make the diagnosis,

Then you can choose an informed course of action for yourself.

enlarged prostate will also make you pee frequently during the day as well at night right? something i don't have, right now my problem is frequent night pee...

I am suffering the same as the OP, but I had a TURP operation a year ago so obviously do no longer have an enlarged prostate.

I have had a few UTI's since then but now it is so painful that I have to be permanantly medicated

I have told my doctor that I think it's prostitis so he  put me on a course of antibiotics called Levofloxacin, but it could be a long haul to get better, it's awful always wanting to pee. He is not quite sure what is wrong with me, when examining me he just said it was a strange condition that he could not 100pc identify.

So I can sympathise with the OP and hope you find an answer

• 2 weeks later...

Started to need to pee more often over a few weeks a couple of months ago.
One morning 10 days ago first pee ok, after a couple of hours I peed again and passed a large blood clot before starting to pee proper.
Next two times blood in urine.

Not a kidney stone as have had in past.
Went to a hospital in Khon Kaen, had ultrasound, showed probable cancer tumor in gall bladder, clot probably due to tear in tumor wall.
Next step has to be biopsy even though peeing is less frequent and no further blood.
I already know what will be suggested next by the hospital.

I will self treat as much as I can, it has worked in the past with kidney failure caused by a stroke with complications and almost total loss of muscle ( creatinine levels of 133,000 ), but would not suggest others try to do same.

Get thee to a hospital, the only way to know what is the best / suggested course of action and perhaps save many of your organs and your life.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Went to a hospital in Khon Kaen, had ultrasound, showed probable cancer tumor in gall bladder, clot probably due to tear in tumor wall.
Next step has to be biopsy even though peeing is less frequent and no further blood.

Wish you the best - in my case had blood and ultrasound (easy and not expensive) indicated issues in bladder so next a traveling camera/biopsy (which is not that bad but a bit uncomfortable when fill bladder with water).  Mine was a lot of cancer in bladder and major surgery 4 years ago.  Gall bladder tumor may not require as much removal service (if even required - may not be cancer - but do get the biopsy as if positive an early removal can make all the difference).  At any rate an upside to major surgery is no need to make runs to toilet at night anymore.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedo1968 said:

Started to need to pee more often over a few weeks a couple of months ago.
One morning 10 days ago first pee ok, after a couple of hours I peed again and passed a large blood clot before starting to pee proper.
Next two times blood in urine.

Not a kidney stone as have had in past.

I will self treat as much as I can, it has worked in the past with kidney failure caused by a stroke with complications and almost total loss of muscle ( creatinine levels of 133,000 ), but would not suggest others try to do same.

Get thee to a hospital, the only way to know what is the best / suggested course of action and perhaps save many of your organs and your life.

Are you sure it is in the gall bladder and not urinary bladder? Symptoms sound like urinary bladder.

• Like 1

The OP may want to read this:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/benign-prostatic-hyperplasia/symptoms-causes/syc-20370087

Longer intervals between urination during the day than during the night in no way excludes the likelihood of an enlarged prostate gland as the cause of nocturia.

Edited by Puccini

On 8/24/2020 at 12:47 PM, Sheryl said:

Are you sure it is in the gall bladder and not urinary bladder? Symptoms sound like urinary bladder.

OP - thanks Sheryl my big booboo, you are correct it is my urinary bladder that has the probably tumor.
Ultra sound showed it to be approx 2 - 2.5cm.

Have contacted 2 hospitals in Khon Kaen regarding various treatment packages, both have varying ++ addons, the surgeon / doctor is the same.
At this time I have no other symptoms such as needing to pee often, pressure or signs of blood.   I drink around 3 litre water inc home made chlorophyll per day and have been vegan for 40+ years, cook most of my own food; have no other vices such as smoking or drinking

Intend to check again in a month to check and consider surgery.

On 8/24/2020 at 11:39 AM, lopburi3 said:

Wish you the best - in my case had blood and ultrasound (easy and not expensive) indicated issues in bladder so next a traveling camera/biopsy (which is not that bad but a bit uncomfortable when fill bladder with water).  Mine was a lot of cancer in bladder and major surgery 4 years ago.  Gall bladder tumor may not require as much removal service (if even required - may not be cancer - but do get the biopsy as if positive an early removal can make all the difference).  At any rate an upside to major surgery is no need to make runs to toilet at night anymore.  

Thanks lopburi3.
Yes, mine is with bladder, not gall bladder as I posted somewhere before.
Ultrasound showed a probable tumor about 2 - 2.5cm.
Checked with 2 hospitals in Khon Kaen regarding treatment, both have different packages and ++ add ons: the same surgeon / doctor at both hospitals.
Will check again in a month then decide what to do.

On 8/8/2020 at 12:00 PM, BritManToo said:

Let me explain in more detail.

If you have an enlarged prostate it will block you from urinating.

So your bladder is always full, and you will often feel the need to urinate.

Because your bladder is always full, there is nowhere for the urine to go, so it will seep out.

Eventually your kidneys will stop producing urine because of back pressure.

The medicine you suggested will make the blockage worse, and hasten your kidneys stopping work.

You really do need to be diagnosed by a doctor that can tell the difference between prostate problems, and bladder problems.

Government hospital will only charge you 50bht for this diagnosis, although you many need to wait all morning.

If they want to put a catheter in, to immediately relieve the problem, that's only another 150bht.

Let the doctor make the diagnosis,

Then you can choose an informed course of action for yourself.

OP, go and see a good urologist. 

6 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Thanks lopburi3.
Checked with 2 hospitals in Khon Kaen regarding treatment, both have different packages and ++ add ons: the same surgeon / doctor at both hospitals.

Do follow up ASAP as if malignant time can be a big factor in what needs to be done.  In my case test was low grade and too much time was wasted waiting for operation (when found to be high grade) and later had downstream issue that might not have happened if did not wait in queue. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

Thanks lopburi3.

Waiitng a month is an extremely bad idea and may further limit your options/wprsen your prognosis.

• Thanks 1