Do Model Boats with Radio Control Require a Licence?

I'm aware that if I have a drone I need to obtain permission/licence to fly it from the CAAT etc.  I'm considering building a scale model warship and fitting it with a Radio Control system.  Can anyone advise me if I require permission/licence to operate model RC equipment in Thailand.  If I do, where do I go to obtain the permission/licence?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 4:31 PM, poohy said:

NO! 

well not at this stage i sail 2 RC yachts near Prachuap

Many thanks for your input.  Several other sources have also indicated that a licence to operate RC equipment for model boats is not required, so it looks as though I may well rekindle an old hobby.  I just need to find somewhere near where I live that has sufficient water to accommodate the model I'm proposing to build and will allow me to use their facility.  That said, I expect that it'll be at least a year before needing a big pond though.

Your models look nice.  Do you have a club nearby, so that you can compete?

On 8/23/2020 at 9:39 AM, 007 RED said:

Many thanks for your input.  Several other sources have also indicated that a licence to operate RC equipment for model boats is not required, so it looks as though I may well rekindle an old hobby.  I just need to find somewhere near where I live that has sufficient water to accommodate the model I'm proposing to build and will allow me to use their facility.  That said, I expect that it'll be at least a year before needing a big pond though.

Your models look nice.  Do you have a club nearby, so that you can compete?

Sadly no, i am a lone sailor here, i sail in the sea from october to april when we have the higher morning tides and in a quarry the rest of the year

The 6 year old 3xl is my every weather boat it has 3 sets of sails so can cope with most conditions  virtually unsinkable an indestructible on the other hand the VO 65 has a working gennaker but is a more tender (problematic) creature. 

Having said that its only just arrived i bought it secondhand after it was not used for a few years its much cheaper than a new  model but needs a bit of coaxing (especially with the return furler device)..we will overcome at some stage

Both are hand built to order in germany by Stockmaritime... Yes expensive but my boys toys i used to have  a real boat these are cheaper.. just about