Survey reveals Britons' favourite 007 actors... and the results could leave you shaken AND stirred

snoop1130

Survey reveals Britons' favourite 007 actors... and the results could leave you shaken AND stirred

31755110-8610219-image-m-49_1597014670054.jpg

Sean Connery pictured in Dr. No. The Scottish actor came out on top in the survey for RadioTimes.com with 44 per cent of the vote

Who's the best James Bond? The results of a poll will leave some 007 fans spitting out their martinis in shock.

Because while Sean Connery has been voted the greatest, Roger Moore and current Bond Daniel Craig failed to make it into the top three.

The Scottish actor came out on top in the survey for RadioTimes.com with 44 per cent of the vote, ahead of Timothy Dalton in second, with 32 per cent, and Pierce Brosnan in third with 23 per cent.  

More than 14,000 people voted for their favourite, with actors pitted against each other in different rounds of the survey.

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8610219/We-werent-expecting-Mr-Bond-Survey-reveals-Britons-favourite-007-actors.html

• Like 2

The correct ranking would be:

1. Roger Moore

2. Sean Connery

3. Pierce Brosnan

The rest doesn't count.

Pierce Brosnan is one of the best looking men who ever lived. But he's skinny, lanky and lacked that Alpha Male quality that Bond needs. Connery had the most of it but Roger Moore was the suavest and funniest bond and the lightness of bond makes it special. Plenty of action movies, but the class and fun was what made Bond special.

Moore had the class, looks and above all chemistry with each of the leading ladies, like Connery who was too rough around the edges.

Daniel Craig was the pitbull Bond, just awful. The worst Bond of all.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, tifino said:

Favourite Bond Girls is Next??

oh booger it!!  Mine was in Moonraker... Not The Bond Girl as expected - but Dolly  

image.jpeg.e23f1ea7af69e3634f7c12fb42374a15.jpegBLANCHE RAVALEC as Dolly - James Bond: Moonraker GENUINE AUTOGRAPH ... image.jpeg.65bec1f8005395a7eda4ec98f97e597f.jpeg 

there were Two points in her favour! ???? 

actually three...  did you know that she is Subject to the Mandela Effect?? 

IF ANYONE? has a copy of Moonraker (on VHS only)  please go FF to the ending scenes when she smiles back at Jaws... Check her smile and agree/or not - 'something' about her teeth!!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

The next James Bond is gong to be a black Latino, Asian trans gendered female that drinks mocha latte does not drink liquor and does not fight because they do not want to break a nail or ruin their make up.

Yes a ladyboy Bond . Confuse everyone , too many butch Bonds , ' Times are changing Miss Bond '.

11 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Yes a ladyboy Bond . Confuse everyone , too many butch Bonds , ' Times are changing Miss Bond '.

nah! - have to think of something new - as a transitional Bond cast 'member' has already been done

Caroline Cossey | Caroline Cossey Picture #14777312 - 454 x 422 ...

but imagine the chemistry if Tula was the Bond Girl of a female Bond!!

I think people are confusing the best Bond, with the best scripts, Connery led the way, all those years ago, then over the years, the actors and stories changed, some for the better, some for the worst, but I think Daniel Craig has revitalised the Bond movies, after Flemings books ended.

Maybe, too many voters based their choice on the year they were born, hence the variations in their decisions.

Craig is closest to the Bond character as written by Fleming. But in 1962 I saw a trailer for an upcoming movie at a "Buck a carload" drive-in theater. It was called "Dr. No". I was instantly sold on the movie and Connery.

Dalton over Moore and Craig? Must be alot of Covid zombie brains at work. 

Connery was amazing. A genius of an actor. A one of a kind for sure. 

However, I loved Roger Moore. His dry humor was outstanding. For me, he is second. Craig third. Brosnan fourth. Who next? There will never be another Sean Connery. 

5 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

The next James Bond is gong to be a black Latino, Asian trans gendered female that drinks mocha latte does not drink liquor and does not fight because they do not want to break a nail or ruin their make up.

... wearing Bonds undies, and armour plated fingernail polish

2 hours ago, Mac98 said:

Craig is closest to the Bond character as written by Fleming. But in 1962 I saw a trailer for an upcoming movie at a "Buck a carload" drive-in theater. It was called "Dr. No". I was instantly sold on the movie and Connery.

Errrrr no.

General references in the novels describe Bond as having "dark, rather cruel good looks".

As a blonde craig is rather the exact opposite of the Bond written by Fleming.

His Bond also had a love of food, alcohol and love-making, and a smoking habit of 60 custom-made cigarettes a day.

One can't see the dour Craig enjoying any of those things, or any other things really.

In the books Bond is not fond of homosexuals,  with Bond opining that homosexuals were "a herd of unhappy sexual misfits – barren and full of frustrations, the women wanting to dominate and the men to be nannied", adding that "he was sorry for them, but he had no time for them."

Craig by contrast seems quite "woke".

• Thanks 1

On 8/11/2020 at 12:25 PM, pacovl46 said:

Dalton in second place?! Wow! I would’ve never guessed that in a million years! My favorite is Brosnan then Connery then Craig.

Brosnan 55555555555555555

He was too smug by far, and went on to prove that he is rubbish by his abominable performance in Mama Mia ( so bad that they had to reduce his presence to almost nil in the sequel ).

Moore played it for laughs in the worst Bond movies ever.

Connery was The Bond, having sex appeal oozing from every pore, and was the only thing good about the badly made movies he was in. I recently watched Dr No again and was surprised at just how bad the movie was, but Connery carried it on his own.

Craig's movies have excellent production values, but he's too "beige" to be a great Bond.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:48 PM, Logosone said:

Errrrr no.

General references in the novels describe Bond as having "dark, rather cruel good looks".

As a blonde craig is rather the exact opposite of the Bond written by Fleming.

His Bond also had a love of food, alcohol and love-making, and a smoking habit of 60 custom-made cigarettes a day.

One can't see the dour Craig enjoying any of those things, or any other things really.

In the books Bond is not fond of homosexuals,  with Bond opining that homosexuals were "a herd of unhappy sexual misfits – barren and full of frustrations, the women wanting to dominate and the men to be nannied", adding that "he was sorry for them, but he had no time for them."

Craig by contrast seems quite "woke".

Bond's decline is matched by the rise in PC.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:03 PM, spidermike007 said:

Dalton over Moore and Craig? Must be alot of Covid zombie brains at work. 

Connery was amazing. A genius of an actor. A one of a kind for sure. 

However, I loved Roger Moore. His dry humor was outstanding. For me, he is second. Craig third. Brosnan fourth. Who next? There will never be another Sean Connery. 

IMO it doesn't matter. The francise died when Connery left- it just didn't know it as the producer milked the franchise for all it could. What we get now is not Bond, even if his name is Bond. When they started discussing whether to put a woman in the position it just put the final nail in the coffin.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Brosnan 55555555555555555

He was too smug by far, and went on to prove that he is rubbish by his abominable performance in Mama Mia ( so bad that they had to reduce his presence to almost nil in the sequel ).

Moore played it for laughs in the worst Bond movies ever.

Connery was The Bond, having sex appeal oozing from every pore, and was the only thing good about the badly made movies he was in. I recently watched Dr No again and was surprised at just how bad the movie was, but Connery carried it on his own.

Craig's movies have excellent production values, but he's too "beige" to be a great Bond.

Well, that’s your opinion, just like I have mine.