High Class Tailor Made Clothes In Pattaya For Less Than Half The Price

xpat123

Forget about all the Indian/Pakistani tailor shops all around Pattaya. They all send their tailor work to Thai tailors and markup the price twice before you get your clothes.

Just go straight to one of the many tailor shops that are located in the area around Tuk.com in South Pattaya. If you drive from 2nd road towards Tuk.com take the road with Tuk.com on your right. Drive/walk down a few blocks and you will see many small shops with tailors making suits etc. Around this area there must be 100s of tailors.

Just walk around until you see one making what you like. Many of them speak decent English so you can talk and look at their quality of work before you decide.

When you find one ask for the prices. The going rate for the making is:

• 2-piece suit (jacket + trousers): 1300 baht
  • Trousers: 300 baht
  • Shirt: 250 baht

These tailors don't have any material but not to worry there are a couple of shops nearby located on the street which has Tuk.com on the left hand side when you walk from Pattaya Tai (South Rd).

Prices for material vary from 90 baht pr meter to 1000 baht pr meter for the imported stuff. The good Thai material is about 200 baht per meter.

The tailor can tell you exactly how many meters you need to bring but as I remember these are the approx. numbers:

• Jacket: 2.5 meter
  • Trousers: 1.2 meter
  • Shirt: 2.5 meter

So one suit made of good quality Thai material will cost you roughly 2000 baht (3,7 m x 200 baht + 1300 baht). The fancy tailor shop will charge you 4-5000 baht for the same.

I have already done this and was very satisfied with the fitting and quality. I will never in my life again use one of the "official" tailor shops.

Just go straight to one of the many tailor shops that are located in the area around Tuk.com in South Pattaya. If you drive from 2nd road towards Tuk.com take the road with Tuk.com on your right. Drive/walk down a few blocks and you will see many small shops with tailors making suits etc. Around this area there must be 100s of tailors.

Does anyone know if that would be Soi Day Night by any chance ?

I will check it out next month to get suited & booted !

cheers

Browny

Does anyone know if that would be Soi Day Night by any chance ?

I will check it out next month to get suited & booted !

cheers

Browny

One soi to the east (towards 3rd Rd.) of Soi Day-Night.