Retire Visa 65K/Mo need Embassy Letter?

I realize US Embassy/Consulate are no longer providing such affidavits.  I am able with pension direct deposit to obtain the 65K/month and thought perhaps I could go this route vs the 800K method.

However, if immigration requires the affidavit as well I will have to keep the 800K in the bank. 

Any experience? 

Immigration issued new rules in December of  2018 when 3 embassies stopped issuing proof of income.

If you can prove 65k baht or more of income by showing transfers into a Thai bank account from abroad you can apply for the extension.

I have already done 2 extensions of stay applications by showing my income going into a Thai bank.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration issued new rules in December of  2018 when 3 embassies stopped issuing proof of income.

If you can prove 65k baht or more of income by showing transfers into a Thai bank account from abroad you can apply for the extension.

I have already done 2 extensions of stay applications by showing my income going into a Thai bank.

Thanks.  Think I will try it.

Be aware that there are no specific IO rules/regulations when wanting to switch from the funds-in-bank method to the monthly income-transfer method (or vice versa).  But for sure, switching 'midway' from one method to another will spell trouble.

So it is recommended to enquire at your local IO what would be acceptable for them when wanting to do such switch.

• Like 1

Good point - redundancy, Fail Safe.  Have both going for at least a year before attempt a switch.

engineering
the inclusion of extra components which are not strictly necessary to functioning, in case of failure in other components.
"a high degree of redundancy is built into the machinery installation"
Edited by OneZero
  • Like 1