What are the exact document requirements for a TM-28 (address update)? And another question too.

Hi,

I'm GoGet, a very nice and polite guy. 

What are the exact document requirements for a TM-28 (address update)? 

Rental agreement?

Copy of owners title deed?

Copy of owners ID card?

I need an exact and precise list.

Also another question:

Is it always necessary that the address registered with the TM-28 (address update) is exactly the same as the one used in the TM-47 (90-day report)?

GoGet

Edited by GoGet

TM28 isnt often enforced or asked for, Do you maybe mean TM30 ?

If a TM28 is required, the documents etc would vary depending on the local immigration office.

Edited by Peterw42

According to my previous conversations with @ubonjoe, if I understand him correctly, a complete address update is required in order to make a 90-day report.

The complete address update is done by using the TM-28 form and providing quite a few documents as far as I know. 

Now there seems to be a bit of mixed reports about this. It would seem that some people have been able to make a TM-47 (90-day report) without making a TM-28 or even without making a TM-30 first. 

Are you for instance saying that the TM-47 (90-day report) can be done without having the same address on the TM-47 as the one registered with the TM-28?

1 hour ago, GoGet said:

According to my previous conversations with @ubonjoe, if I understand him correctly, a complete address update is required in order to make a 90-day report.

The complete address update is done by using the TM-28 form and providing quite a few documents as far as I know. 

Now there seems to be a bit of mixed reports about this. It would seem that some people have been able to make a TM-47 (90-day report) without making a TM-28 or even without making a TM-30 first. 

Are you for instance saying that the TM-47 (90-day report) can be done without having the same address on the TM-47 as the one registered with the TM-28?

As above, TM28 required , often depends on the individual office. 

I have lived/done 90 days at 4 different locations and never submitted a TM28. TM30 is often required before a 90 day can be done.

As above, the document requirements can vary depending on office.

Maybe mention the office you will be dealing with for specific advice.

Edited by Peterw42

13 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

As above, TM28 required , often depends on the individual office. 

I have lived/done 90 days at 4 different locations and never submitted a TM28. TM30 is often required before a 90 day can be done.

As above, the document requirements can vary depending on office.

Maybe mention the office you will be dealing with for specific advice.

Phetchabun office but maybe I could try several.

When you did the TM-47 were you able to do the TM-30 first the easy way online by just submitting rental agreement and passport? 

Or did you have to go physically to the office and were being asked for additional documents?

GoGet,

Suggest you assume you will have to do a change of address prior to the immigration office allowing you to update 90 day report. Don't get bent around axle of TM30 vs TM28 & just assume one or the other most likely TM30will be required and you can do the TM30 as long as you have the types of supporting documentation you alluded to.

If one is traveling in another province when the 90 day report is due, it can indeed become a pain in the ass to get the documentation for the TM30 (in order to do the 90 day). 

people will suggest you simply do 90 day online.  That would be a good solution if the online was indeed 100% reliable & also you were guaranteed a 100% good internet connection while traveling to different locations.

You

40 minutes ago, GoGet said:

Phetchabun office but maybe I could try several.

When you did the TM-47 were you able to do the TM-30 first the easy way online by just submitting rental agreement and passport? 

Or did you have to go physically to the office and were being asked for additional documents?

You can sign up for the online TM30 anytime, get that done then you should be able to do 90 day with no further documentation. 

Here's the sign on the wall of the Jomtien Imm Office listing the TM28 requirements. Just photographed 2 weeks ago. No. 5 is Rental Agreement. I was not asked for Nos. 6 or 7. This is possibly because I was renting a condo apartment from a company (as opposed to a private owner) whose name is on the agreement:

tv-tm28-jomtien.thumb.jpg.d33e992cbab103ef55a39cdd60f5d9bd.jpg

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
More info
  • Like 1