Lost Thai birth certificate

Need my daughter's birth certificate to go for a 60 visa extension.

Just discovered it is lost.

She was born in Phetchabun in 1993.

I do have a copy.

Does anyone know the procedure of obtaining an original?

Is it possible to get this without going to Phetchabun?

Her ID card shows an old Pattaya address.

Do not know if this is relevant.

Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum.

Thanks.

If you have the copy, and are listed as the father on the birth certificate, you can go to any amphur, I believe, and get a new printed stamped copy with the same information. I do not think you can get a new original from anywhere, even with a police report that declares the original lost. The copy, certified by the amphur should usually be enough for visas and extensions, unless the officials are being deliberately obstructive.

You can’t get another issue of an official Thai document when the relevant information is included in another official Thai document. The date of birth is in the house registration book so you can’t get another birth certificate (when your daughter is already registered in a Thai household). Some people will tell you that they can get you another birth certificate but this will be a birthplace certificate. In my case, these ‘people’ (at the Amphur) in Pattaya told me they can get another birth certificate (upcountry) for 26.000 Baht. Of course, I didn’t use their service. I explained this to my German authorities and they finally didn’t insist on a birth or birthplace certificate.

1 hour ago, andy9469 said:

You can’t get another issue of an official Thai document when the relevant information is included in another official Thai document. The date of birth is in the house registration book so you can’t get another birth certificate (when your daughter is already registered in a Thai household). Some people will tell you that they can get you another birth certificate but this will be a birthplace certificate. In my case, these ‘people’ (at the Amphur) in Pattaya told me they can get another birth certificate (upcountry) for 26.000 Baht. Of course, I didn’t use their service. I explained this to my German authorities and they finally didn’t insist on a birth or birthplace certificate.

You can get a copy at the amphoe where the child was born/registered. No problem at all. People do lose documents one in a while. Why would you pay 26k here in Pattaya? They were playing you. 

• Like 2

I hope you don't have the same problem I had. They insisted that my wife come and get it. Wouldn't give it to me. My son was born in the Bang Kapi district at Ramkhamhaeng Hospital. Maybe you'll have better luck in Phetchabun. And, yes, you will most likely have to go to Phetchabun as I do not know if Thailand has a system to request one from out of the District Office in Phetchabun in which she was born.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
added Hospital
  • Sad 1

Not sure if this helps but I think any amphur should be able to give you one and stamp it.

We needed proof of the death of my wifes ex for permission to marry and we just went to the local amphur in Sangkhla Buri for a copy of the death certificate, whereas he was born and died in Pitsanulok. Less than 100 Baht.

I was told then that this was a recent development that all amphur could now share national data. Good luck.

• Thanks 1

Update on lost birth certificate.

Went to a local amphur in Bangkok.

My daughter handed over her ID card.

Printout of her birth certificate printed out, but given official stamps.

Four copies and 50 baht charge.

It took all of five minutes from entry into the office.

Thanks everyone for your help.