Is Krabi Open for Tourism?

corkman

Hi all,

I've asked this about other resort towns recently. Is Krabi (Ao Nang) reopened yet? I like the bar area up the hill, the little entertainment complex at night, and the beach side walking soi with a few sun set venues.

Thanks in advance. 

I’ve been in AoNang for the last two weeks and have to say that Much/most of it is closed.  There are a handful of restaurants open but with very very few customers.   I have looked into the RCA entertainment complex while walking by and a few bars appear to be open with a customer or two.  DusitD2 has some phenomenal deals right now starting at  ฿999/night for nice 4 star rooms.  There are a few more people walking around today than there were 2 weeks ago when I arrived.  It’s peaceful, albeit a bit depressing.  If you take a boat tour out to Hong Island (klook.com has them for just over ฿900 compared to the $2000-2400 that the kiosks are still asking) you’ll truly have a beach paradise almost to yourself.  I took this picture from my tour a week ago to show how deserted it is plus a couple pictures from the Sunday two weeks ago along the streets showing the lack of foot traffic.

7F776379-2D4A-4DEA-A35A-6438CD4F7809.jpeg

31548D36-6AA7-4011-AE5A-9B529EEE13BD.jpeg

4BEC2109-9080-47DB-AE3F-27A8CACBEF59.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corkman said:

Thanks for your reply. Peaceful beaches certainly sound appealing, but lack of places to eat and chill out is a concern. Maybe I should wait for a while longer before venturing down. Thanks.

Ao Nang is dead... returned myself yesterday..the 4* Hotel I stayed in (one of the few open) was quite busy Saturday/Sunday with Thai,s by Monday morning all gone...it's going to take a long time to get back to anything like normal..????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, corkman said:

Thanks for your reply. Peaceful beaches certainly sound appealing, but lack of places to eat and chill out is a concern. Maybe I should wait for a while longer before venturing down. Thanks.

It’s not like you’ll starve or anything.  Pyramids restaurant, Rakhang Thai, Cafe 5.98, An Indian a restaurant  and a few others on the main strip are open. (Plus subway and Burger King) The Rasta bar is open as are a couple others with live music. My initial 5 night stay turned into 22 nights booked (still here) and I think I’ll come back for another month in October. 

For sunset hangouts, the Boat (and the restaurant next door) at Klong Mueang Beach are great.

51C569E5-22FC-4294-83DD-554286976AED.jpeg

Edited by Airalee
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 12:53 AM, Airalee said:

It’s not like you’ll starve or anything.  Pyramids restaurant, Rakhang Thai, Cafe 5.98, An Indian a restaurant  and a few others on the main strip are open. (Plus subway and Burger King) The Rasta bar is open as are a couple others with live music. My initial 5 night stay turned into 22 nights booked (still here) and I think I’ll come back for another month in October. 

For sunset hangouts, the Boat (and the restaurant next door) at Klong Mueang Beach are great.

Looks quite appealing actually! 

Thanks for the reply ????

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2020 at 12:53 AM, Airalee said:

Good info, did you stay at the DusitD2?

I plan a week or so end of October ( ish ).