USA stimulus check sent to Thailand. What to do with it now?

I just received a USA stimulus check at my house today. Can this be deposited to my thai bank account to clear or is it better to sign it and send it back to my USA bank? Never ever had a check sent to me here in all my years so am clueless. If can deposit here in Thailand, do all banks accept and can do it at?

I honestly was not expecting to get one but now that I have I want to cash it. I understand there are other threads on this but I don’t need to sort through them to try to find an answer. 

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Does your bank in the US have a mobile app for your phone where you can make a mobile deposit.  If so use that app, and take a photo of the front and back as the app directs and then it will be deposited there for you.  I believe if you try and deposit it here it will have to be sent to Bangkok and then approved before they will put the money in your account  after fees have been removed and the exchange rate transaction completed.  Someone else may be able to tell you if you can use the check to open up a foreign currency account here with that check.  I have no clue on that.  The checks that I have received here, I have just deposited using the Mobile banking deposit app for my Chase bank account or my federal credit union.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Does your bank in the US have a mobile app for your phone where you can make a mobile deposit.  If so use that app, and take a photo of the front and back as the app directs and then it will be deposited there for you.  I believe if you try and deposit it here it will have to be sent to Bangkok and then approved before they will put the money in your account  after fees have been removed and the exchange rate transaction completed.  Someone else may be able to tell you if you can use the check to open up a foreign currency account here with that check.  I have no clue on that.  The checks that I have received here, I have just deposited using the Mobile banking deposit app for my Chase bank account or my federal credit union.

I don’t do mobile banking so maybe send it to a family member and have them deposit it to my bank in the USA . Would just like to do it here though. 

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

I don’t do mobile banking so maybe send it to a family member and have them deposit it to my bank in the USA . Would just like to do it here though. 

You don't need an app. Access your bank online on your PC. Almost all will have an option for "mobile banking". Which is where you upload pics of your check. Done. Deposit shows up in your account instantaneously.

I have deposited checks into my online bank account with success too.  The easiest way is to get a customer service clerk to run you through the steps while sitting at computer.  It just takes a few minutes when you know how. 

Essentially you access your usa online bank account, click on make a deposit, and enter details.  Then snap a photo of stimulus check and input.

I have also mailed checks to my bank using the thai post office and it is 20 baht and takes about a week.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

I just received a USA stimulus check at my house today.

Can you determine when this was mailed? Or what the Get My Payment website may have said when it was scheduled to be mailed?

Was the address exactly accurate?

Thanks

Unless you use a courier service (ThaiPost: EMS 880 THB, CourierPost 990 THB) it might take a month or three for your chck to get back to your bank.

A new service, ePacket, may be available from ThaiPost: 260 THB for up to 100 grams to the U.S.

Edited by mtls2005
7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Can you determine when this was mailed? Or what the Get My Payment website may have said when it was scheduled to be mailed?

Was the address exactly accurate?

Thanks

Unless you use a courier service (ThaiPost: EMS 880 THB, CourierPost 990 THB) it might take a month or three for your chck to get back to your bank.

It is a Treasury check with the words " Economic Impact Payment" on the check from Trump. Printed 7/31/20 sent to my new updated Thai house address here. I filed federal taxes 7/14 online so it tells you it was sent quickly after that. 1200 bucks as filed single. I am not concerned on how long it takes as I have money, but if they gonna give it, then I gonna take it and is much appreciated. It has a 1yr life then is void if not cashed. 

8 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Printed 7/31/20 sent to my new updated Thai house address here.

Thanks.

Interesting, only took what 19 (max) days to get here. Regular first class mail must be up and running from the U.S. to Thailand relaibly now.

If I ever get mine I'll just use my BofA mobile app to scan and deposit, that's the easy bit.

8 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Thanks.

Interesting, only took what 19 (max) days to get here. Regular first class mail must be up and running from the U.S. to Thailand relaibly now.

If I ever get mine I'll just use my BofA mobile app to scan and deposit, that's the easy bit.

Maybe he wants my vote so expedited the send out.