Lost car number plate

My wife always insists that we register the car in the province where we live. She says some of the annual tax goes towards mending the local roads.

Maybe there is some left after nearly everyone has had a nibble....

I think new plates cost about 200 baht

Edited by PFMills
  • Haha 1

I lost a plate in a fire awhile ago. Same as the thread RichCor posted, I had to go to the police and file a report. As I still had the remains of the old plate, I was able to go to a local shop (that the police told me about) to get it remade.

Otherwise it would be off to the DLT to request a new one. Might be a good time to transfer the registration. Ask the DLT first because you may end up with a new plate anyways.

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I lost a plate in a fire awhile ago. Same as the thread RichCor posted, I had to go to the police and file a report. As I still had the remains of the old plate, I was able to go to a local shop (that the police told me about) to get it remade.

Otherwise it would be off to the DLT to request a new one. Might be a good time to transfer the registration. Ask the DLT first because you may end up with a new plate anyways.

Strange the police would send you to a local shop to get a re-make. All number plates are required to carry certain markers to prove they are original and can only be provided by the Department of Transport; which is why we have to wait weeks for them, instead of popping to the local shop as we used to do.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PaoloR said:

Strange the police would send you to a local shop to get a re-make. All number plates are required to carry certain markers to prove they are original and can only be provided by the Department of Transport; which is why we have to wait weeks for them, instead of popping to the local shop as we used to do.

But I see many plates that do not seem official, like chonburi plates with palm trees ?

are you sure that cops even understand how should look an official plate ?

20 hours ago, PFMills said:

My wife always insists that we register the car in the province where we live. She says some of the annual tax goes towards mending the local roads.

Maybe there is some left after nearly everyone has had a nibble....

Yep,  usually enough for the sand and some rock.    Now sometimes the concrete might be a little on

the short side,   ahhhh    mai pen rai.    We can fix it again in two years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, salsajapan said:

But I see many plates that do not seem official, like chonburi plates with palm trees ?

are you sure that cops even understand how should look an official plate ?

Those vanity plates are official. They are sold in auctions by the DLT.