THAI flies 131 Thais home from Taipei

rooster59

THAI flies 131 Thais home from Taipei

By The Nation

800_51085dae1de8719.jpg

A Thai Airways International (THAI) flight brought home 131 Thais stranded in Taiwan on Thursday.

THAI TG633, which landed at Suvarnabhumi Airport, was the third repatriation flight from Taipei.

Vice president of THAI Flight Operations Department and head of THAI Operations Control Centre, Sqn Leader Anirute Sangrit, said THAI partnered the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to fly Thais registered with the Thailand Trade and Economic Office in Taipei. THAI also delivered cargo on round-trip flights.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393377

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-23

13 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

And the Thai government picked up all the cost for insurance, tests , flights and quarantine for next two weeks ?

I'm currently in Taiwan with a Thai crew. We have people coming in/out of here at times. Company pays for flights and all medical expenses. Taiwan quarantine covered by company but I believe Thai quarantine is covered by the government for Thai citizens. 

I'm traveling back on TG633 this Thursday and all expenses are payed by the company including the 14 days hotel quarantine in BKK. Getting certificate of entry from Thailand Trade and Economic Office is required before travel.

• Like 1

•  
  •  

REPATRIATION FLIGHTS FOR FOREIGNERS TO RETURN TO BANGKOK

I guess by now quite a few farang have taken the repatriation flights.

(My interest in Sydney to Bangkok and any repat. flights to Bangkok.)

Would you please share some information on this:

1. After completing and submitting the COE declaration form, from my understanding the next step is:

- Receiving advice re dates of the next flight/flights from the Thai consulate/embassy:

Question: Did the advice of next flights/flights come in a personal e.mail, or on facebook, or?

2. Was it evident that farang had to take the business class seats only?

3. Assuming you reacted to this message and asked for a seat, how long after you submitted a request did you get the confirmation you had been assigned a seat?

3. What was the the airline and the fare, economy and business?

4. Any other insights you can add?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear moderators, if this is the wrong thread, can you please move my

post to the correct thread, thank you.

Can any farang familiar with the repat flights to Thailand from Sydney (or any other departure country) please share your understanding re the following;

- Eligible to join Thai repat flight because holding Thai Permanent Residence, submitted declaration / application for COE and received acknowledgement from Thai embassy (Canberra) several weeks ago.

- Today I received phone call from Thai Consulate in Sydney asking if I wanted to join the repat flight on 12 September. Consulate lady also quickly added 'is this too quick for you to get ready?'

- I said yes, she responded 'never mind there's another flight late September', so it seems that she realized the date was too tight.

Now my question, does anybody know if (after getting acknowledgement of lodging the application for the COE), you can more than once decline the flight date they have offered?

I've already found some comments on facebook suggesting YES and NO.

Also a comment that if you decline your name is automatically moved to the end of the current list.

Also a comment that if you decline you must start again/resubmit your application for COE.

Would you please share your knowledge on this, appreciated.

Thanks.