Amensty

Hope you all are good and well... American passport holder. Have a non o multiple entry based on marriage to a Thai....expires September 1 2020... obviously on amensty...already did 60 day extension... planning to do Extension of Stay...had to send passport back to USA...Had only one page left...do I need to transfer the visa from old passport to new passport? I'm assuming yes. Knowing my visa expires September 1 2020. I may not get passport back. Yes, I know. Why did I wait. I sent it about a week and half ago. If I get the passport after Sept 1 can I apply for the the extension of stay. I do meet all requirements. I'm assuming I'm covered by amensty...only been on amensty since August 14...Have all documents. Yes, 400,000 has been seasoned...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NUNZIO said:

Ubonjoe... Bangkok...just checked status...mailed out August 18...and there was a number I had to write down

That was when it was sent from the states to the embassy. The embassy will send a email when it arrives and EMS tracking number after the mail both passport to you.

Ubonjoe...yes...I know that...thank you for your help...what about my visa in old passport...I take to immigration with letter....I will still do that if my visa expires September 1 2020...Im just asking...just in case I get my passport after September 1...

3 minutes ago, NUNZIO said:

Ubonjoe...yes...I know that...thank you for your help...what about my visa in old passport...I take to immigration with letter....I will still do that if my visa expires September 1 2020...Im just asking...just in case I get my passport after September 1...

You visa expiration date means nothing since you are already in the country. It is only the last day you can use it to get a new 90 day entry.

At this time the only thing important is you permit to stay date which technically September 21st.

You should have you new passport this week. Normally it only takes a few days for them to arrive at the embassy after they are sent from the states.

Not sure immigration will transfer you stamps to a new passport at this time. if they do it they would only do a stamp with spaces on it for them to write in the type of visa you used for entry and where it was issued plus info about your old passport. Plust they would do stamp showing you last entry to the country and your 60 day extension.

Ubonjoe...thank you for your answers...so I can apply the extension of stay...it's the one to show 400,000 baht seasoned for two months...only report to immigration...as Iong as I do my app before the 21st of September...I don't have to worry about visa expiration.....cause in country already and all immigration does is the entry stamps...and it's the permit to stay that's important....again....thank you

Keyser...I agree...when he said...Jan 1...where are getting that from....I just checked my status today....my wife sent it out from Bangkok on the 13th...when I checked it today...they mailed it out on the 18th from USA. They literally mean 12 days process...so I don't why he thinks Jan 1

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NUNZIO said:

Ubonjoe...thank you for your answers...so I can apply the extension of stay...it's the one to show 400,000 baht seasoned for two months...only report to immigration...as Iong as I do my app before the 21st of September...I don't have to worry about visa expiration.....cause in country already and all immigration does is the entry stamps...and it's the permit to stay that's important....again....thank you

If you have the 400k  baht in the bank for 2 months now I suggest you apply for it as soon as possible. 

Applying before the 1st would keep immigration from using the visa expiring as a unfounded excuse not to do the extension.

• Like 1

Hey Ubon Joe 

I find myself in a sticky situation as plans change and my O visa ran out last month prior to the last amnesty extension so not wanting to get caught I did a 2 month extension with plans to go back to work but borders still not open and no chance of that so I am no Visa less and on the amnesty like everyone else until September 26th (my extension ends September 16th) 

So I dont really know what I can do at this time since I have no options that I can think of I am married so could apply for the Marriage extension but I would not have enough time for the 400,000 to mature before the cut off date.

I could also apply for the retirement but again the money would not of matured or a dependent visa as I have thai kids 

So what options if any do I have now as being shipped off to the UK not having lived there for 36 years would make me homeless LOL 

8 minutes ago, Nadia6 said:

So I dont really know what I can do at this time since I have no options that I can think of I am married so could apply for the Marriage extension but I would not have enough time for the 400,000 to mature before the cut off date.

8 minutes ago, Nadia6 said:

dependent visa as I have thai kids

You could apply for the one year extension based upon marriage and for being the parent of a Thai. The extension for being the parent of a Thai does not require you to have the 400k baht in the bank any longer than the day you apply.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NUNZIO said:

Bkk6060...why would it take that long...by the way...just checked status...sent out August 18th...

Hey, sorry maybe I misunderstood.

There are plenty of articles online about the backlogs and several month delays for people wanting new or renewed US passports.  

But, if you get yours sooner great and good luck.

5 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

There are plenty of articles online about the backlogs and several month delays for people wanting new or renewed US passports. 

I think that is for passport applications done in the states. Application done overseas are handled differently.

For a while though the embassy did stop taking applications for them but since they started doing them again the have been taking about 2 or 3 weeks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think that is for passport applications done in the states. Application done overseas are handled differently.

For a while though the embassy did stop taking applications for them but since they started doing them again the have been taking about 2 or 3 weeks.

Okkie dokkie thanks.

• FYI

I lost my passport after arrival to USA in June.

I had a Non O ME in the passport good until June 2021.

After a month of searching the passport was thankfully found.

My queries to the Thai embassy Wash DC...I was told that the Visa is non transferrable to a new Passport without the old one being present (even with photos of the Non O).

My query to the USA passport control replied that a NEW passport would take up to SIX months to process. So I guess that the process is different if sent from LOS for new pages.

Now just waiting for LOS to open the entry to Us Non Os for a return.

Cheers

Edited by PumpkinEater
Date change

Hey UdonJoe, when did they start accepting renewal applications for standard passports at the embassy in Bangkok? I had to get an emergency passport 6 weeks ago as they were not accepting regular appointments nor processing regular passports at that time.

Agree mail time has improved. 8 weeks ago package from the states to Bangkok took 6 weeks. Package from Bangkok to the states 3 weeks ago took 2 weeks.

19 hours ago, Nadia6 said:

Hey Ubon Joe 

I find myself in a sticky situation as plans change and my O visa ran out last month prior to the last amnesty extension so not wanting to get caught I did a 2 month extension with plans to go back to work but borders still not open and no chance of that so I am no Visa less and on the amnesty like everyone else until September 26th (my extension ends September 16th) 

I could also apply for the retirement but again the money would not of matured or a dependent visa as I have thai kids 

So what options if any do I have now as being shipped off to the UK not having lived there for 36 years would make me homeless LOL 

use an agent, 14,000 and up for a 1 year extension if ur over 50 and have a non o visa in ur passport..no money needs be shown

24 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Hey UdonJoe, when did they start accepting renewal applications for standard passports at the embassy in Bangkok? I had to get an emergency passport 6 weeks ago as they were not accepting regular appointments nor processing regular passports at that time.

Late June or early July if I recall correctly. They are only doing mailed in applications for passport renewals at this time. 

27 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Agree mail time has improved. 8 weeks ago package from the states to Bangkok took 6 weeks. Package from Bangkok to the states 3 weeks ago took 2 weeks.

When a application is done at the embassy they transmit it electronically to the states.

For the new passports they are sent by courier pouch to the embassy.

On 8/24/2020 at 2:29 PM, Nadia6 said:

Hey Ubon Joe 

Ubonjoe 

You mentioned if applying for dependent the money does not have to age in an account and can apply the day the money is put into an account and this is a option for me but I have a mate that we ahve been arguing since he has been on dependent visa for years and he swears that the oney has to be in an account for 2 months.

Now he always uses an agent (legit) to do it for him and right now he is waiting on his money to age before applying again prior to the deadline.

Now I dont want to tranfer that money if they are going to refuse me based on the money not being in the account long enough my know all mate seems to think that you must mean other places than Chiang Mai 

Thoughts?

32 minutes ago, Nadia6 said:

Now I dont want to tranfer that money if they are going to refuse me based on the money not being in the account long enough my know all mate seems to think that you must mean other places than Chiang Mai 

All can do is quote what clause 2.18 of the immigration order states.

image.png.52d2d7d332c1e8133d2762a68583b6ff.png

Note there is no mention of the 400k baht needing to be in the bank for any amount of the time.

For marriage it states this.image.png.1cad00352196f3ef7008d689113614fe.png