Do You Single Guys Come For Thai Women?

SamuiJens

I'd like to hear the definition of "freebie". I think the last one I had was in the flower power days and if I had to share my ganja with her, that was no freebie either IMO. If you date a woman, whether it's a BF or a wine and dine tab, you're paying for what you hope to get. If you're supporting a woman, cohabiting or just sending money - you are paying to keep it ( exclusively, I hope) on call. Sorry to burst your bubbles but a woman who doesn't use her charms to personal advantage is a rare thing and should be cherished. My female students try to charm straight A's out of me; and before anyone jumps to wrong conclusions - no, I don't, it's more than my job's worth!

One honest man is worth a million hypocrites! :o

Great one liner! Which one are you?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are guys in Thailand that are polite, well mannered, decent sex tourists. I have no problem with them, and neither do most others I imagine. Unfortunately as Eek pointed out, there is that breed of low level garbage completely devoid of any class whatsoever that give the guy who wants a girl on his arm for the night or week a bad name.

At the other end of the scale, are people who come to Thailand to learn the language, culture, and religion and are so bloody smug about it you just want to slap the holier than thou off their upturned noses.

I'd rather have a beer with a cultured sex tourist any day.

I think the individual's personality is far more important than who they pay for sex or how many temples they've slept in.

Here Here!

The thing is Cdnvic, the OP is a woman, so its a woman trying to understand what it is to be a single man in Thailand and the draw it has on us. Prostitution is almost always catering to the male. Trying to explain the idiosyncracies of a blokes desire and casual regard to sex and a good time to a woman would take a loooong time. That is akin to explaining colours to a blind man, as men are from mars and women to Venus etc...

Most blokes understand straight away what the score is with woman, both on the bar scene and off the bar scene.

For what its worth and because the OP isn't a troll I'll give my 20 bahts worth.

I go with Bgs from time to time, and to you puritans it's nothing to be ashamed of! 95% of farang and thai do it, repressing desires and so forth is something certain countries excell at and as Thailand is not one of them its safer IMHO in that regard.

If I feel the need, its not often (as usually I'm going steady with a girl non bar related) but hey, I sometimes hang out with them and may want to get into the groove and have a great time. This is something many many many single dudes do as well. The image of it being old sugar daddies having one last roll of the dice isn't an accurate one. I've seen lots of young guys whisking the Bgs away as well

It's not the determining factor that draws me to Thailand but of course its a lure by no stretch of the imagination. The chilled out groove, and the fact nobody bothers you, peace of mind is very strong here in Thailand. Like the other poster said, reading and writing books is easy here in Thailand. Thats my main draw, the cheap living and quality of life exceeds mine back home massively.

The problem is now you've now got this clique of peole with their eye on Thailand who despise or lambast guys who go with Bar Girls in Asia. So all of a sudden its scaring some into saying, oh no its this and that that I came for BUT not the BGs. Get real you lot and start telling it like it is.

Relationships with 'decent' thai girls are great, sometimes it cost you sometimes it doesn't but don't forget that they'll as likely want you to marry them. So if you want to remain single, guess what, that means a big let-down for her, a broken heart possibly and possibly being disowned. So finding a steady non-commital relationship or open relationship with a TG is a challenge. This is another reason.

Its really bizzare and stupid to regard that someone who has sex while living in a foreign country is often considered a 'sexpat'. For me anywhere human beings go they will have sex, whether with girls of the coin or not, so calling them this name is just pubescent and childish. Maybe its some American fascination with dumbing down english or something.

LOS has been offering female 'services' and mia nois to farang ever since the first western traders and embassy missions landed in the 1500s so its nothing new folks.

Very recently I've noticed that often, when you get groups of male and female farang gathering together everyones like 'You don't go with BGs do you??! What you do! OMG, he goes with BGs!' Its like something out of Victorian polite society turning there noses up. Quite frankly this mentality is pathetic.

And on certain forums where, in recent years the exploits of ones activities on the town with the pleasure girls would be greeted with warm-hearted friendly encouragement, now the response is icy and hostile.

Jims, it's all about stereotyping and pigeonholing, which are both about as reliable a guide to personality as passport photos. Mine, for instance, bears a resemblance to Hannibal Lector but I don't slaughter and devour people for a hobby.

Just a note of attention...I am not a native English speaking person (of couse some aussies already have made the point about my inadequazy), but when I write I attempt to make my points clearly visible...this is a rule of writing in any language.

Some guys tends to write a huge mental vomit....and the good points they can make are lost in the dense forest of words....just a humble note from a non-humble common of the third world countries

coming back to the subject ..

Its really bizzare and stupid to regard that someone who has sex while living in a foreign country is often considered a 'sexpat'. For me anywhere human beings go they will have sex, whether with girls of the coin or not, so calling them this name is just pubescent and childish. Maybe its some American fascination with dumbing down english or something.

You got a valid point in here 'JimsKnight', (the danger is to lose it due to the unnecessary hard words)...I liked this word the first time I listent it, but I did not question it till now..

In fact since history remembers conquisters, visitors, colonizers..always have got the best girls. Aboriginal of many cultures offers always girls. It is like a natural thing as it is linked to power...and naturally we look for that.

I tend to agree with you now that the term sexpat can be easily missused and abused. Sex tourist term may be appropriated for tourist who can for sex, but for expat?...not anybody who uses the sex facilities in here had come just because if this reasons...

...I am confussed now?...did I make the points I wanted??

There is probably something seriously wrong with anyone who has been here for a while and hasn't paid for a shag. "When in Rome" and all that,...

Nerdy PC English teachers notwithstanding,... :o

Btw, the quote: "The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money costs less."

was attributed to Brendan Francis. link

-------------------------

Thanks for the clarification. It's just that I heard him say this in an interview once. Figured with his history that he coined it...

Here Here!

The thing is Cdnvic, the OP is a woman, so its a woman trying to understand what it is to be a single man in Thailand and the draw it has on us.

SamuiJens, you're a woman? :o:D:D That goes down as shock of the year for me! :D

Here Here!

The thing is Cdnvic, the OP is a woman, so its a woman trying to understand what it is to be a single man in Thailand and the draw it has on us.

SamuiJens, you're a woman? :o:D:bah: That goes down as shock of the year for me! :D

Naw, I'm a dude, Rain, guess Jim's a bit dry today, not even looking at my profile before accussing me of that. :D :D

Here Here!

SamuiJens, you're a woman? :o:D:bah: That goes down as shock of the year for me! :D

Naw, I'm a dude, Rain, guess Jim's a bit dry today, not even looking at my profile before accussing me of that. :D :D

GLUMP! Galloped in on my warhorse a little blind and hit a branch there! *reins up to trot*

SamuiJens, I saw you contributing on the womens forum a lot in the past and jumped to the wrong gender-bending conclusion. (I figured the 'Jens' stood for Jenny.)

I've often seen this issue raised on the Womens section of the forum and assumed (wrongly) that your nickname and this subject and charged in off-angle, sorry about that. For any women reading my previous post substitude 'OP is a woman' for 'many posters are women'

Sorry to offend on that one mate.

He also stumbled with the 95% figure he pulled out of the clouds. :o

Face it. Those who do it are not going to be comfortable unless they convince themselves that everyone else does too. I don't know why they're so insecure about it.

Edited by cdnvic

One honest man is worth a million hypocrites! biggrin.gif

Surely you can be both? Like complain about dirty sex tourists but think yourself above that and enjoy the bars & girls AND then admit to yourself that you're a hypocrite thinking that way.

One honest man is worth a million hypocrites! biggrin.gif

Surely you can be both? Like complain about dirty sex tourists but think yourself above that and enjoy the bars & girls AND then admit to yourself that you're a hypocrite thinking that way.

The joy of getting old is that you can forget what you did the night before, instead of feeling guilty about it.

.....Women? nah...7/11 Hotdogs and cheap bia find me ok. I must admit those Ladyboys look ###### good in heels though. :o

SO You get your'e kicks above the waist-line, Sunshine?

OUCH! a simple question gets 312 replys, I'd never have thought that?!?

Edited by SamuiJens

Face it. Those who do it are not going to be comfortable unless they convince themselves that everyone else does too. I don't know why they're so insecure about it.

I can only answer for myself.

In truth, I don't think that everybody comes here for female attention - but I think that it is fair to say that almost everybody does. Other than joking around, I don't that everybody does anything for the exact same reason.

There are gays of course. There are people with absolutely no interest in sex. There are cheapskates who don't care about anything except living frugally and there are a very, very few people like Joe Cummings who are genuinely here to write guidebooks and study the culture.

However, I have no doubt that the vast majority of men are here for female attention and companionship and they can get it because they have more money than the native people. Some of them pay hard cash on the barrel head and some of them offer the chance of a relationship and a foreign passport, but they are all taking advantage of their higher economic status to get what they want.

Yes, many get married after a while and many eventually get bored of having to pay for sex on whatever level, but they still enjoy the young girls flirting with them and the ease of getting new female attention if they need it

I still say that other than Joe Cummings (and maybe cdnviv) and a few Eunuchs; they are - almost - ALL here for the girls no matter how much they deny it.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I've heard so many that come to Thailand for vacations, year after year, that it's NOT the women, BUT as I see it the single guys, and women, come here for the (cheap) sex and nice women (men). Be honest and tell me what else you come for, if not women? And if you mainly come for the women?

Wondering of the honesty of ppl here. :o

Have you seen the women here in Thailand?

I missed the abuse, too. Except isn't that the allegedly crazy propaganda minister slapping Tojo in your avatar? Seems like that got him off death row.

Yep. :D The gif file title is called "japslap", which is probably racist. Luckily this :o little fella has a similarly "abusive" name. :D

November Rain- I have to agree with you. I mean, Asian women are my preference but I don't get the level of hate toward western women on the forum any more than I understand the anti-Thai hate. Sure, much of it's just good fun. However a lot of it shows true venom.

Much of the anti-western women thing seems to come from the misconception that women get an unfair share of the assets when a couple splits. At least in the US, that is generally just bullshit the guy has fooled himself into believing because he can't stand it that the ex-wife took half of all the assets acquired in the marriage plus child support plus alimony. For most guys, that's been the law since way before they were married. They need to grow up and get over it. It's not the ex-wives' fault, the lawyers' fault or the court's fault. It's their fault for whining about the result of a contract they entered into voluntarily, knowing full well that either or both parties could end the deal and what the price would be. And if they did't know that, then maybe "they" are as dumb as "they" always accuse other groups of being.

But to the point, I think the overwhelming majority of single guys come for Thai women unless they already have a girlfriend. One sure wouldn't get that from the weight of the posts--didn't realize there was aushc a gang of monks, culture vultures and Thai food fans...

For most males marriage is far from being a contract they entered voluntarily.

If you live in the West without brothels available (and in the USA even law enforcers disguising themselves as hookers to ambush you) and with a culture that brainwashes you into believing you need a stable relationship to have sex you are pratically forced to marry the woman who provides you the sexuality you unfortunately need per nature.

If you refuse she will simply leave you and you have no idea (or not enough money) about how to replace her. So you end to marry her hoping you will be spared the horrible consequences of such a dreadful and iniquitous contract. Of course your hopes will soon be deluded and you will be robbed of your house, your bank account and even your salary.

And if you dare to complain or simply point out such reality, you will even get your ass whipped on Thaivisa :o

I'm married and work here, but I do have to say that is much nicer to have a lobby full of foxes to look at when I stroll out to lunch rather than a bunch of jelly assed old cellulite hags back in the west :D

:D Aaah, that old chestnut again. Must admit, I did wonder when that hackneyed phrase "cellulite ridden hags" would find its way to the fore again. I'm quite impressed it took this long. Bit boring & trite, though isn't it? No new insults doing the rounds at the moment? :D:D

No, I'm sorry, I'm just being picky here, wanting a bit of variety or originality to the insults. Carry on... :o

Expensive.

Shall I now get banned again for writing this ?

you weren't banned you were given a 3 day suspension to read the rules & think about what to post in future. You obviously did neither so now I will ask admin to make it more permenant. Well done.

Much of the anti-western women thing seems to come from the misconception that women get an unfair share of the assets when a couple splits. At least in the US, that is generally just bullshit the guy has fooled himself into believing because he can't stand it that the ex-wife took half of all the assets acquired in the marriage plus child support plus alimony. For most guys, that's been the law since way before they were married. They need to grow up and get over it. It's not the ex-wives' fault, the lawyers' fault or the court's fault. It's their fault for whining about the result of a contract they entered into voluntarily, knowing full well that either or both parties could end the deal and what the price would be. And if they did't know that, then maybe "they" are as dumb as "they" always accuse other groups of being.

Come on. These guys think that they are in love. Who goes into a first marriage thinking that it isn't going to last and that your little sweetie is eventually going to rob you blind and then take away your kids to add insult to injury? You've been brainwashed all your life that you are going to get married and live happily ever after.

It's too bad that these poor suckers didn't visit South East Asia first so they would learn the lesson that sex for men is never really free. You pay for it here and you pay for it there, but over here, it isn't a secret that it is mostly about money. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Come on. These guys think that they are in love. Who goes into a first marriage thinking that it isn't going to last and that your little sweetie is eventually going to rob you blind and then take away your kids to add insult to injury?

It's too bad that these poor suckers didn't visit South East Asia first so they would learn the lesson that sex for men is never really free. You pay for it here and you pay for it there, but over here, it isn't a secret that it is all mostly about money. :o

I sad this joke before but I believe that it make a point in here.....(from the movie Traffic)

Do you know why a hurricane is named after a woman?...

Becuase when they arrive are wet and wilde and when they leave, take your car and home with them....