Do You Single Guys Come For Thai Women?

SamuiJens

LaoPo- Please be warned I'm on the way to Thailand in June. I'm about 185 cm tall and weigh about 95 kg, and am 45 (gray/bald still a work in progress). Am coming with my girlfriend who is about 150 cm tall and weighs about 43 kg, and is 32. She has a tattoo on her lower back, typically wears jeans and a tight top, is very dark skinned and is from Isaan. When we go on our annual vacation, we drink a lot and spend a lot of money in restaurants, including in seafood places--and we love lobster! The last time we were in Maine she averaged more than 2 per day of the real thing (homarus americanus). We plan to spend time in Phuket and will be walking hand in hand there, and maybe even feeding each other lobster (since it's a tourist area). So I guess I'm one of those fat farang tourists showing off for his bargirl (she's worked in factories since 13, but we like to tell people she's a bargirl just for fun).

So if you get down to Phuket in June hopefully your drink sipping, "disney" show watching self and the missus can have some fun watching us!

Live and let live, to each his own, cheers.

:o Would love to meet you guys but I'm afraid we won't be there; like lobster myself, yammie yammie...

Hope didn't offend you as I was talking, more or less, short-time 'relationships but nothing wrong with that either. As you said live and let live, each to their own.

Cheers and have fun in June.

LaoPo

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know a single farang LIVING in Thailand who does not have a Thai wife or gf or is not here for the women.

I just came for a "suck it and see" kinda experience. planned on taking in about 40% of the world on a big slow tour up to my 40s. So far I like so much about LOS I am staying. I also like challenging the stero type. Rather than riding BG, I'll be found riding classic motorbikes, fishing, playing golf or building RC boats and planes. All things that interest me wherever I am but more fun in the sun. Not met a single girl that is interesting in sharing these pursuits but I have many thai friends who enjoy helping and playing together and in the process we learn each others language and cultural differences sometimes. I'm getting the best real world education. I like learning. Not everything is great but thats real life.

My first month I learned enough about thai women to go onto the other lessons... :o

That was a mouthfull, please go to the gay section for you're sharing. :D sorry, just my opinion.

Another topic that seems to be re-incarnated every couple of months, with a slightly different title and essentially the same theme (that all guys are only here for cheap sex). :D

That being said, I made my first trip here in '93. I was on a peace-keeping mission in Croatia back when they were still actively trying to "ethnically cleanse" everyone else out. I had a short holiday in the middle of the winter, and wanted to go somewhere hot and exotic. The kind of place I may never get a chance to go to again.

Was Thailand my choice ? No. I knew nothing about Thailand, but I had seen the movie Casablanca (with Humphrey Bogart), and thought I'd like to go there. (Found out years later that the movie had been filmed entirely in a Hollywood stage. Would have been a major disappointment had I gone).

Why didn't I go there ? Well, sitting at the Lufthansa office in Zagreb, we couldn't get a flight that met my (very) strict timelines. The price (1,400 deutsche marks at the time) seemed pretty steep too. I asked out of curiosity how much a flight to Thailand would cost (I'd heard of the movie The King and I, and the song One Night in Bangkok. That's all I knew about LOS at the time). Turns out there were flights that met my timelines, and the price was only 300 DM more !). 3 hours later I was on my way.

Arriving in Bkk, the first thing I noticed was the heat. The trip into the city gave me my first glimpes of the unique styles of buildings/temples here. I booked a couple of the tourist-trap trips at the hotel (floating market, ect.).

After checking in, I told the bellhop that I wanted to go to an authentic Thai restaurant (as opposed to a cheesy, made-for-tourists crap trap). He arranged a taxi and shortly after I had my first experience with Tom Yung Goong and very excellent Thai service.

The next day I was a little jet lagged and skipped the floating market trip. Wandered around the city lost for awhile, and then had some very nice people help me get back to the hotel. Next day I toured the Grand Palace and the Reclining Buddha. Quite the eye-opener.

Someone suggested I go to the beach resort of Pattaya. Had no idea what the place was like. Arrived at the bus station on North Pattaya Road and decided to walk to the hotel (it looked pretty close based on the map on the business card :o It was actually around the area of soi 4 and Beach Road !).

Went out that night and saw my first Muay Thai match at the Marine bar, along with some dancers in traditional Thai costumes, and finally a snake-handler show. Spent the next couple of days partying in bars that never seemed to close and then it was time to head back to back-asswards Croatia. :D

That trip remains one of my fondest memories to this day.

A couple years later, I was trying to decide where I would like to live after I retired from the military. Using the internet, and trips to various embassies/consulates, I checked out places like Peru, Mexico, the Phillippines, Belize, Costa Rica, Thailand and others. I checked on immigration policies, infrastructure (i.e. transportation/communications/hospitals/banking), political stability, exchange rates and so on.

What it boiled down to, was that Thailand (at the time) was the best option. It took a couple more years before I could make my next trips to LOS, and my purpose on those trips was to determine if I would like to actually live here full-time. Did a little travelling around the country and a lot of thinking.

Didn't retire when I thought I would, and ended up going straight from retiring to working overseas (literally the next day). Made the decision to take up residence in Thailand at the same time. Still haven't decided just where in the country I'd like to settle permamently, but it still appears to me that this is the right choice.

So, no, I didn't come here for cheap sex, and that isn't a factor in why I wanted to come here, and why I want to stay here. I do like to party and have fun, but I'm not going to make major changes in my life for those reasons.

While there is no doubt that some people come here pretty much exclusively for the cheap sex, it would be quite stupid to think that is why everyone (male) comes here.

My interest in Buddhism is what originally drew me to Thailand and the good reputation it has for meditation retreats. After living here about two years I met my wife.

I do not known about you but all my life in England I wanted to give money to poor peole in Issan so they can buy beer and gamble. Now Ican do it very easy while living in Thailand. Thisgivesme so much joy.

Thing that makes me laugth is the amount of farang women doing the same these days, we always new they wanted to do it but they wouldent ever admit to it, just look around sunee plaza area at night and their all there, wrinkly women in their late 30s-60s floppy soft tits hanging down over their flabby old guts their every bit as sad as us believing the young Thai boy next to them drinking the beer she bought him is in love with her.

I am a 34 year old women and during my 5 month stay in Thailand I have slept with more young Thai guys than i care to remember. Most of whom have been around the age of 18-21. I pay for everything.

The above statement is 100% false.. :o

(sorry..just thought it may raise an eyebrow or two :D ^^)

ooops edit: not 100%..i am 34 yrs old..and a woman! haha

Edited by eek

I am a 34 year old women and during my 5 month stay in Thailand I have slept with more young Thai guys than i care to remember. Most of whom have been around the age of 18-21. I pay for everything.

Ohh, for a moment I thought I was on a board about Bali.

Ohh, for a moment I thought I was on a board about Bali.

More truth in this then you know - ask any farang bird about their beach boy experiences. :D

i love the place, and everything about it. Why did i first visit? Had my arm twisted by my best mate, sure he told me about the girls but he also told me how much fun it can be.. he said if I sisnt enjoy myself he'd give me the money back for my flight and accomodation so I took him up on it. Having spent 29 years chasing leggy blonde scandanvian types, within hours of stepping off the plane in BKK I was (and still am) and converted man. Gone are the blue eyes and pale complexion, give me brown skin and a button nose any day of the week. Had 3 hols of 3 weeks each since last June, got 2 more planned this year (31 days and counting) and dont intend (at present) to go anywhere else. Sure I love the girls, but I love everything about the place. The way you can eat what you want when you want for so little, how you never need to bother with a jumper when you go out, how every persons eye you catch smiles back at you. You can have a laugh and joke with anyone and not be frowned upon (unless they come from the same country as you and have their England shirts on :o )

I guess in a way I do come for the women, not that many Thai women in Essex (and if there were I'd be worried they'd become too westernised) and theres always a beautiful smiling face around the corner is LOS, in the UK you're lucky to see 1 in 100 that you think stunning, in Thailand its more like 80 in 100...

God I miss that place

The above statement is 100% false.. :D

You got me :o ....good one 'eek' :D

Good reasons indeed glenbat. I too love Thailand for many of the reasons you stated.

I am curious to know more about what you mean when you say:

I guess in a way I do come for the women, not that many Thai women in Essex (and if there were I'd be worried they'd become too westernised)

Please dont take it that I am trying to challange you in anyway!!...i am seriously just very interested in what sense that it is bad for a Thai woman to become westernised. What would becoming westernised mean? (I also hope my asking does not spark any bad mouthing and crossed wires. yikes...)

You got me ....good one 'eek'

mission accomplished! :o

Edited by eek

is it morally superior to say you come here because its cheap,rather than the women? :o

No. Nobody, certainly not me anyway, is trying to denigrate those who do. It's just that many who do come for the women seem to feel the need to believe that everyone else thinks the same as they do. Saying you come here because it's cheaper isn't morally superior, but in many cases it's factually correct.

If some of those who did come here purely for the women have a problem with others saying they didn't then it's probably an underlying misgiving within themselves rather than some imagined slight from others.

There are thousands who came to Thailand for cheap sex.

There are thousands who came for an affordable retirement.

There are thousands who came for the culture.

There are thousands who came for work.

There are tens of thousands who came for a combination of the above.

So there is plenty of company for everyone, and no reason for any one group to disparage, or feel threatened by another.

I admit it, I came here for the women............................

I was so in demand, they even clubbed together and paid my airfare. :D

Yours too? What a bloody nerve! They all told me I was the only one. :o

Thing that makes me laugth is the amount of farang women doing the same these days, we always new they wanted to do it but they wouldent ever admit to it, just look around sunee plaza area at night and their all there, wrinkly women in their late 30s-60s floppy soft tits hanging down over their flabby old guts their every bit as sad as us believing the young Thai boy next to them drinking the beer she bought him is in love with her.

I actually doubt the last part of your statement. women in general, are far more insecure than men & doubting of their own worth. I would imagine most of the women you are talking about (I've never seen them, by the way, this phenomenon hasn't hit HH yet) are perfectly aware that the guys are only with them for money or gifts. I really can't imagine many older women truly believing a much younger man is actually in love with them.

When I was with my BF, the thought that he might be with me for money did cross my mind in the very early days of our relationship, and he was 2 years older than me, so I'm sure the thought has crossed these women's minds too.

Most women I've known, apart from the service girls, are not too keen on quickies as they feel it's prejudicial to their self esteem, especially being seen with a toyboy in public. So I think P4P is much more a boy thing and more suited to our mentality of pop and run. There are exceptions but I don't believe they're the rule

I actually doubt the last part of your statement. women in general, are far more insecure than men & doubting of their own worth.

I never believe that hookers "love" me and neither do any of my freinds.

I'm sure that some these supposedly, young, "handsome" men buy it though. :o

I actually doubt the last part of your statement. women in general, are far more insecure than men & doubting of their own worth.

I'm sure that some these supposedly, young, "handsome" men buy it though. :o

yes,i recon these ladies suss out pretty quickly if you are a vain punter,& will use your vanity to reel you in.

i think if there is a god he must be quite a sick individual,as he physically designed us blokes to want to sh#g as many women as possible.

I am curious to know more about what you mean when you say:
I guess in a way I do come for the women, not that many Thai women in Essex (and if there were I'd be worried they'd become too westernised)

Please dont take it that I am trying to challange you in anyway!!...i am seriously just very interested in what sense that it is bad for a Thai woman to become westernised. What would becoming westernised mean? (I also hope my asking does not spark any bad mouthing and crossed wires. yikes...)

sorry Eek I've been trying to think of a way to explain without offending anyone (last thing I want to do - already have though I think, see my post about dressing up :o )

Its just every Thai face I see has a smile from ear to ear on it, even if they're off to work for 16 hours hard graft, if they've just had a small motorcycle accident, in the shops, on the bus, walking up the street, walking round the market... I cant really explain but they seem to be happy with what they have (or hide it well if they're not), even if its very little. You step off the plane at Heathrow and within minutes, miserable faces everywhere. Girls/women who probably have a new convertable outside, a wardrobe full of designer clothes and shoes and 3 or 4 holidays a year, yet still dont look happy. I'd be worried if I had a Thai girlfriend in the UK she'd become addicted to Neighbours and junk food, and loose some of her 'care-freeness' if thats a word?

I'm sure someone else can explain it a bit better than me and like I said please no one take offence to that and apologies ekk if you're a western lass

Most single sexually active men will go for an attractive available woman wherever they take their holiday. If that holiday is in LOS it's

hardly surprising if the woman happens to be Thai. Whether they came for the girls or not is an academic question; they get what's

there.

As for Glenbat's post re. western women and Thais in general. If you look around wherever you are it's a general rule that the poorer

the folk, the more humour they have. No possessions to lose, no worries.

Honestly what else would you be here for if not the golf or the women? And personally I hate golf.

As an aside it's also nice that Thailand has a lot of the characteristics of an anarchy, i.e. near unlimited freedom, along with near unlimited opportunities to get yourself killed. I like the freedom.

sorry Eek I've been trying to think of a way to explain without offending anyone (last thing I want to do - already have though I think, see my post about dressing up :o )

Its just every Thai face I see has a smile from ear to ear on it, even if they're off to work for 16 hours hard graft, if they've just had a small motorcycle accident, in the shops, on the bus, walking up the street, walking round the market... I cant really explain but they seem to be happy with what they have (or hide it well if they're not), even if its very little. You step off the plane at Heathrow and within minutes, miserable faces everywhere. Girls/women who probably have a new convertable outside, a wardrobe full of designer clothes and shoes and 3 or 4 holidays a year, yet still dont look happy. I'd be worried if I had a Thai girlfriend in the UK she'd become addicted to Neighbours and junk food, and loose some of her 'care-freeness' if thats a word?

I'm sure someone else can explain it a bit better than me and like I said please no one take offence to that and apologies ekk if you're a western lass

Interesting note 'glenbat' and great to have the opportunity to address a note to somebody as gentle and well intended as yourself.

My personal experience in those countries (including Europe) is that people is lonely. Loneliness is the most I felt in those places and I got the conclussion that people feels miserable becuase of that. They do not talk each other,they do not give their eyes when they cross each other. Material things, or even posibilities, do not satisfy them any longer...

I think what Europeans and English (not all of course) find in here, is company. Somebody who come back with an smile, even if understand nothing....fantastic! Perfect!

Edited by torito

I'm sure that some these supposedly, young, "handsome" men buy it though. :D

yes,i recon these ladies suss out pretty quickly if you are a vain punter,& will use your vanity to reel you in.

i think if there is a god he must be quite a sick individual,as he physically designed us blokes to want to sh#g as many women as possible.

Didn't the Bible say that God made us in His likeness? So if blokes want to shag as many women as possible, maybe God was once a player. :o

You step off the plane at Heathrow and within minutes, miserable faces everywhere. Girls/women who probably have a new convertable outside, a wardrobe full of designer clothes and shoes and 3 or 4 holidays a year, yet still dont look happy. I'd be worried if I had a Thai girlfriend in the UK she'd become addicted to Neighbours and junk food, and loose some of her 'care-freeness' if thats a word?

Oh heck yes, totaIIy agree. Hard to be upbeat sometimes when faced with that. PersonaIIy Im not the kind of person that thrives in pIaces such as Iondon. After a year and a haIf of Iiving in centraI Iondon I knew i had to get out asap. (AIthough, there are some great things about it of course, just isnt my kind of worId)

As for the offence thing, I rareIy take offence to what peopIe say (or at Ieast try not to Iet it get under my skin). However, you have not said anything that i have found offensive at aII. AIso, I find as a singIe western women in ThaiIand, for some things, you either need a thick skin or a carefree attitude. Im pretty much the Iatter, and have aIways been a smiIer. So, gIad to say, I fit in better in ThaiIand, than i did in the UK.

Anyway..keep smiIing! :o

STATISTICAL FACT: Customs in Bangkok & Phuket clear the highest percentage of single males out of overall passengers that come into Thailand than any other country/airport in the world.

However you look at it, it speaks for it's self I think.

MF