Just now, kingofthemountain said:

I don't want to be off topic but if you allow me a remark

you are totally right on Ubon Joe, he is one of the most 

knowledgeable about the visas and always ready to help

but your statement is imo a little bit unfair for all the others members

most of them are nice guys, yes they use irony and sarcasm, but they are

pleasant to read and often helpfull when they can in many areas (Farming,

real estate, family and so on) 

still few exceptions but it's the same % of trolls\rudes\morons you have everywhere in the world (Usually beetwen 1 and 5% wherever the place you are)

It is not my words. I have travelled far and wide and I often have the pleasure of sharing a couple of beverages with a local bar or restaurant owner. My choice of place will always be based on reviews and I'm always looking for places who are not a flash in the pan. So these guys I listen to have my ears as they have years and years of knowledge and whilst I may know a thing or two on happy to listen and it's not 3-4 people were talking virtually every person I ever met. 

I never met one person who even admitted being a member. 

World class visa category. Not all bad, look on the bright side.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I think you, and they, are forgetting a few others.

I'll mention Crossy (all things electrical) and Sheryl (all things medical) just for two examples, but there are others.

There's a guy named "geezer" in the language section who is very knowledgeable.

And, in general, I think I bring a fair bit to the forum as well. 

Just now, BananaBandit said:

There's a guy named "geezer" in the language section who is very knowledgeable.

And, in general, I think I bring a fair bit to the forum as well. 

Well if you are so concerned about the remark gents please feel free to create a thread titled. Most helpful and revered members.

Let's stay on point on this one please I believe it's a very real very important very current matter that needs to balance the forum versus all the Need an agent see an agent contact an agent. Let's not suppress this one please.

26 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Well if you are so concerned about the remark gents please feel free to create a thread titled. Most helpful and revered members.

Let's stay on point on this one please I believe it's a very real very important very current matter that needs to balance the forum versus all the Need an agent see an agent contact an agent. Let's not suppress this one please.

How 'bout you start a thread for underrated members. And then we'll let you get back to indulging your amnesty fixations, completely unadulterated.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Op, guessing you're either a bit green or new to online fora. TV is one of the biggest expat forums so you're always going to get a swathe of opinions (and why not), especially in a place that houses millions of mongerers :tongue:... but of course you're doing the missionary or are visiting the elephants and beaches. I understand. Look, most of it is tongue in cheek but I would be more wary of folk that are not on it, or won't admit to it. 

But, yes, Ubon is a gem, certainly in visas. But there are many shining lights if you would follow. You will come across the likes of Sheryl (who has helped so many), lopburi3 and numerous general members lending out there knowledge and experience. So let's avoid being typical and knocking the whole site because of what someone said. 

Amnesty: believe nothing has beyond Sep deadline. 

6 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Britmantoo and Thaibeachlover , all things about prostitution 

Strange that people like yourself are so obsessed with them. 
Anyway I thought you didn’t like talking about sex Max?

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Op, guessing you're either a bit green or new to online fora. TV is one of the biggest expat forums so you're always going to get a swathe of opinions (and why not), especially in a place that houses millions of mongerers :tongue:... but of course you're doing the missionary or are visiting the elephants and beaches. I understand. Look, most of it is tongue in cheek but I would be more wary of folk that are not on it, or won't admit to it. 

But, yes, Ubon is a gem, certainly in visas. But there are many shining lights if you would follow. You will come across the likes of Sheryl (who has helped so many), lopburi3 and numerous general members lending out there knowledge and experience. So let's avoid being typical and knocking the whole site because of what someone said. 

Amnesty: believe nothing has beyond Sep deadline. 

I stopped at guessing to be honest. You keep guessing I'll keep stopping.

7 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

UJ just seems to state facts , without giving a personal opinion  

is your statement a fact ?   or your personal opinion ?    ????

Forums would not be forums if they were not an arena for opinions and people with different

ideas and writing styles to interact.      

I do appreciate getting some information about immigration requirements or the time the plane leaves

Udon for  Bangkok  .         But in truth,  trying to sort out "the facts" from fiction on each discussion here or on any forum is like finding a needle in a haystack.    

“For every fact there is an infinity of hypotheses. ”
― Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

My question is very simple. Based on the continuation of the emergency decree and the ongoing travel bans can you share your views and reason why and why not there may or may not be another extension to the amnesty?

What's your prediction first?

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

But, yes, Ubon is a gem, certainly in visas. But there are many shining lights if you would follow. You will come across the likes of Sheryl (who has helped so many)

People like Ubon and Sheryl, who have given literally thousands of pieces of useful information....How exactly do they get compensated for all their expertise and effort?  Are they actual employees?

7 minutes ago, BananaBandit said:

People like Ubon and Sheryl, who have given literally thousands of pieces of useful information....How exactly do they get compensated for all their expertise and effort?  Are they actual employees?

I,m sure they are and getting well paid for what they do although putting in long hours.

26 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

What's your prediction first?

So let's start with the facts. Those facts are that unless whatever action can be taken to either rid the current government of its problems or enhance there pocket books one will never no what the outcome will be. The only time you can predict correctly is that time of the day when you need to fill your stomach and you know it will happen 100% of the time either because you have the food or your ordering it.

I predict that the OP will never truly understand the members of this forum community. Many are knowledgeable, many are whittey, many are sarcastic, but each one brings about a daily reading bonanza for all to agree with or disagree with or make remarks that get deleted, or end up with a ban. So go ahead and wish for whatever OP is written to stay on track.  But then I digress and I could really care less about things that do not concern me. So let's go buy that submarine and use it to transport tourists either through the sewers or to Phi Phi because the country is dead broke for tourists and care little about expats and there family's. Diatribe over, as well as my dose of sarcasm used up, so enjoy your day.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

Every moderator here can be praised for their knowledge. 

The only problem one has  in Thailand, is that one encounter regularly an official, an officer, an authority...

who is not that well informed as the moderators here,

but has the power to decide how it will be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

I,m sure they are and getting well paid for what they do although putting in long hours.

Unless there has been a change recently moderators are putting in their time to help forum and posters and are not receiving any compensation.  Some people try to be helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

UJ just seems to state facts , without giving a personal opinion  

Where Immigration matters are concerned I usually find that facts are of far more benefit to me than opinions.

Example...... Ubon Joe stating:- "the IO's in XYZ Immigration office will not accept monthly income for a retirement extension"

Compared to a TV member saying "in my opinion the IO in XYZ Immigration office will probably accept monthly income for a retirement extension".

I think that I would be inclined to be guided by the 'fact'.

Just now, hotandsticky said:

I think that I would be inclined to be guided by the 'fact

uh oh.   i sense something hot and sticky about ready to hit the page.  

first a post about "fake facts" .....

then the inevitable 4 page argument about whose facts are real.

maybe some name calling   ????????

getting tense.   is a warning coming ?

I'm on the edge of my seat.   oops    pop ups again  xxxxxxx

ahhh    there it is :   the Trump card !

now this is why I love thaivisa !

• Haha 2