Replacing water tank on Mitsu WP255

giddyup

The water tank on my Mitsu WP255 pump has rusted through several times and I keep patching it up with Epoxy, but I think it's now reached it's limit and time to replace it with a stainless steel one for around 2000 baht, rather than buying a whole new pump for 8000 baht. My question is it a relatively simple job and are there any pitfalls to look out for? Also, will I need any new gaskets? Thanks.

If the OP brings that pump to a full line Mitsubishi water pump dealer that has a repair department he can have staff show him the different grade replacement tanks for that particular water pump. The repair staff cna line it up perfect and test it for leaks while the OP is present. Not all "stainless steel" is the same grade in my observation. It would would not take but four days for a motivated Mitsubishi dealer to order and receive a replacement tank, original or copy brand, for that pump. 

40 minutes ago, kamalabob2 said:

If the OP brings that pump to a full line Mitsubishi water pump dealer that has a repair department he can have staff show him the different grade replacement tanks for that particular water pump. The repair staff cna line it up perfect and test it for leaks while the OP is present. Not all "stainless steel" is the same grade in my observation. It would would not take but four days for a motivated Mitsubishi dealer to order and receive a replacement tank, original or copy brand, for that pump. 

There are plenty of Mitsu water pump sellers, all the big stores like HomePro, Thai Watsadu, Baan and Beyond etc, but I don't know of any Mitsu approved repairers, but I'm sure they are out there.

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

There are plenty of Mitsu water pump sellers, all the big stores like HomePro, Thai Watsadu, Baan and Beyond etc, but I don't know of any Mitsu approved repairers, but I'm sure they are out there.

Shop on left about 50 m past bus station north pattaya road, can repair, replace whatever. Friends mitsu wp needed a new switch/relay was costing 1800 b but they by passed it with another type 500b

• Like 1