Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot wait to return to my CBR150, especially since it's getting a new back tire and probably new battery. I'm renting a Yamaha Nuovo automatic piece of crap that gives me flashbacks to the first vehicle I ever had the mistake to own, a Cushman Scooter built in 1957. The Nuovo had a flat on its second day, and meanwhile I rented a Fino with a low idle that kept stalling, no speedometer working, etc. The kick stand on the Nuovo is really difficult, and they don't tell you how to get to the fuel tank to refill it....I want my ten liter tank with the big filler on top! I want to be able to steer my bike like you can steer a sex partner, with your thighs!

hey guys,

i am from manila.and i would like to ask your help where i can find used but good cbr150's that i can import back to manila.where in bangkok are the good shops to find used cbr's?also, do you have the yamaha yzf r125 there already?and does chatuchak market open only on saturdays and sundays? ride safe.thank you.

Hi all and thanks for interesting thread!

I live in Pattaya and so close to Bira Circuit. I'm interested to know if any of you know how to get involved with racing on a CBR 150? I would like to practice my need for speed on a race track rather than the streets of Pattaya, as many folks seems to do...

Regards, Jay

Jay,

Interseting question. How hard are you trying? How serious are you? Maybe someone already does this an will jump right in. The other possibility is just ride the CBR and buy a KLR? (the Kawa mini motard) and race that. Might be easier to find the group.

In the meantime:

Ride to Bira. Go to the office and ask.

Ride around and visit every motorbike shop you can find until you find one where the guy races and start talking.

go to www.highsidetours.com and take a couple of lessons.

I live in Pattaya and so close to Bira Circuit. I'm interested to know if any of you know how to get involved with racing on a CBR 150? I would like to practice my need for speed on a race track rather than the streets of Pattaya, as many folks seems to do...

Regards, Jay

Jay,

Interseting question. How hard are you trying? How serious are you? Maybe someone already does this an will jump right in. The other possibility is just ride the CBR and buy a KLR? (the Kawa mini motard) and race that. Might be easier to find the group.

In the meantime:

Ride around and visit every motorbike shop you can find until you find one where the guy races and start talking.

Go down to the Ace Cafe in Jomtien, Dave the owner has a number of the manager of the track, he also knows the people who run highside tours. You can call up and book the track pretty cheap if it is empty.

I was planning to it but i need to get some proper riding gear, leathers and boots, got stuff back in Ireland but won't pass through there till xmas. Anyhow I fell of my 400 last trip i was back in Patts so that took the wind out of sails as i couldn't walk for two weeks.

I was also considering the option of an NSR or CBR as they would be relatively cheap for parts.

What kind of kit /tires are you planning to use ?

PM me if you get going...

Edited by deckx

• 2 weeks later...

Regards, Jay

Jay,

In the meantime:

Go down to the Ace Cafe in Jomtien, Dave the owner has a number of the manager of the track, he also knows the people who run highside tours. You can call up and book the track pretty cheap if it is empty.

I was planning to it but i need to get some proper riding gear, leathers and boots, got stuff back in Ireland but won't pass through there till xmas. Anyhow I fell of my 400 last trip i was back in Patts so that took the wind out of sails as i couldn't walk for two weeks.

I was also considering the option of an NSR or CBR as they would be relatively cheap for parts.

I recently bought a CBR 150. It is the first new brand new bike I have owned. I have heard varying reports on how you should ride the bike for the first 800-1000km. Is it true that you should not rev the bike too high and that it will damage the engine if you ride it too fast?

How careful should I be with the bike at this early stage?

Also...any other CBR riders in Southern Thailand?

A new update on the CBR 150 modify that I started a while ago Change to a Race exhaust from DBS and some small mods.

But now I fitted a New front sprocket 14th, and change back sprocket to 44, putting a RACE CDI so no Rpm limit goes gladly 13500 rpm and at last put a KN airfilter.

The improvment of the bike whas really a sucsess.

The accleration from gear one and up enormus you are going to do wheeelis , and topspeed well at 160 kmh and still going I got affraid on that small bike so time to hit the brakes.

So if you are in the play age and and have 10k Baht if you go for the Endurance exhaust its only about 7500 Baht and dont make your hands dirty labour is cheap I payd a total 100 baht to fit all.

My play age is 57 and 100kg on the bike so if you are smaller the bike is really going to blow your hat of !

I can reckomend Faddybike in BKK fast service and dellivery order friday goods came monday and payed COD

Edited by SM7WGP

Regards, Jay

Jay,

In the meantime:

I recently bought a CBR 150. It is the first new brand new bike I have owned. I have heard varying reports on how you should ride the bike for the first 800-1000km. Is it true that you should not rev the bike too high and that it will damage the engine if you ride it too fast?

Obviously there's two schools of thought: Ride it like you stole it, and coddle it till you hit 1000 km. I understand the thinking behind the revving the snot out of it since it is ran some at the factory to check it out. However, I also think that with tolerances as tight as they are, I'd make sure I changed the oil after like 200-500 km though. Also those that subscribe to this theory usually cite racing bikes as an example, which I think is a bad reason, since most racing bikes are broken down and rebuilt after each race.

On the other hand, if you baby it, you're gonna be erroring on the side of caution. However, I doubt that you'll be able to make it the 1000 km without going like a bat from hel_l!

Yes for a Honda CBR-150 the biggest limits are breathing and exhaust, even without the Racing CDI you can expect good performance gains. Second to get a look at is tires, people easily forget that racing or driving fast has anything to do with tires.... If you belief the MotoGp World Champion 3th place rider Valentino Rossi he lost because of his tires.

For tires for a sportbike Metzeler Sportec tires are a good choice http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php?st...tires-sportbike

Edited by Richard-BKK

Obviously there's two schools of thought: Ride it like you stole it, and coddle it till you hit y1000 km. I understand the thinking behind the revving the snot out of it since it is ran some at the factory to check it out. However, I also think that with tolerances as tight as they are, I'd make sure I changed the oil after like 200-500 km though. Also those that subscribe to this theory usually cite racing bikes as an example, which I think is a bad reason, since most racing bikes are broken down and rebuilt after each race.

On the other hand, if you baby it, you're gonna be erroring on the side of caution. However, I doubt that you'll be able to make it the 1000 km without going like a bat from hel_l!

Thanks for that...I've been trying not to push it too hard and to vary my speed but, admittedly, I'm not the most patient of riders. On the weekend my girlfriend and I rode up past Sichon and I definitely didn't hold back. I think I hit 130km/hr before realising I was still riding a new bike (still only 360 kms on the odometer). It was good to see how the bike performed at higher speeds but I do hope I haven't done the engine irreparable damage.... :o

Yes for a Honda CBR-150 the biggest limits are breathing and exhaust, even without the Racing CDI you can expect good performance gains. Second to get a look at is tires, people easily forget that racing or driving fast has anything to do with tires.... If you belief the MotoGp World Champion 3th place rider Valentino Rossi he lost because of his tires.

For tires for a sportbike Metzeler Sportec tires are a good choice http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php?st...tires-sportbike

Anybody know how much a set of those bad boys are?

I'm guessing that I'd have to get them sent up from Bangkok?

Ok so I want one..

So I've lived in BKK for 3 years - never been a bike rider other than hiring one (manual) during holidays down south.

My question is - living in BKK, how do I buy one, get a bit of practice on it so I am confortable to go for the licence test? I don't fancy jumping straight out into the BKK traffic etc?

Whats involved in the test - or are there 'ways'.

Cheers

"Whats involved in the test - or are there 'ways'".

I'm also interested in what people know about tests and licences in Thailand. What is the deal? I guess this issue belongs on a different thread but I'll ask anyway. I'm guessing there's one licence for both scooters and bigger manual bikes...what do people know about this?

Please refer to a pinned thread, very long, near the top of the first page in the Motoring Forum.

To answer the question, Thailand has one driver's license for automobiles and pickup trucks, another license for all two wheeled motor vehicles. Unlike Japan, there's no tiered licensing for big bikes. If you're already holding valid licenses for that kind of vehicle in your home country and on an international driver's license, you shouldn't be asked to take a driving test for that vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow...there hasn't been a lot happening on this thread. I guess all the CBR riders are busy reboring their engines up to 180cc or poking holes in their airfilters.

I'm thinking about upgrading my exhaust...I just don't think I'm disturbing the neighbours enough with the stock exhaust. Does anyone have any reccomendations? Also, what do people think the likelihood is of having police problems with an obviously modified exhaust system?

Edited by Chris78

I've heard of the Pattaya cops using a loud exhaust as an excuse to make money of us but here in CM it's unheard of.

Get a big exhaust and let's her you roar!

Red Baron Bangkok is a good mail order company to get your parts sent through from, should cost you about 8,000-10,000 baht all in for an exhaust system.

Wow...there hasn't been a lot happening on this thread. I guess all the CBR riders are busy reboring their engines up to 180cc or poking holes in their airfilters.

I'm thinking about upgrading my exhaust...I just don't think I'm disturbing the neighbours enough with the stock exhaust. Does anyone have any reccomendations? Also, what do people think the likelihood is of having police problems with an obviously modified exhaust system?

Chris----Hey, you only go around once in life so if you are dead set on making a big splash in your neighborhood, go all the way. My advice is not to poke holes in your air filter or bore you engine out or get an after market exhaust. Buy a Harley. There's a guy who lives in the condo about 400 meters from mine and when he comes down the street in his Harley, you know he's on the prowl. That thing is so long and big it reminds me of those long hooded cars Al Capone use to ride in with all that armored plating. There's nothing like that deep throaty roar to wake up the neighborhood and let everyone know the man is out and about. And I think he's even got enough power to get down to Soi Six in a reasonable amount of time. Come to think of it I think he's got a straight pipe on it and he's got all the cops on retainer.

Edited by jackcorbett

On another thread here today, somebody posted the link to goodspeed.com, and it was loaded with dozens of CBR150 parts: sprockets, chains, fenders, swing arms, about nine exhaust systems, a 165 kit, a 175 kit (bored and stroked), carbs, cams, CDI, carbon fiber replacements, wheels, tires, etc. You could spend over 20K on parts for an old CBR150 like mine, have it installed by your local Somchai for 8K more, and have it blow up the fifth time you tried for 13,000 rpm.......